Sixteen

19:45pm (07:45pm)
Date: April 3rd, 2018
Location: Ashland, Oregon

Sloane Davenport

After our defeated mission in rescuing Damien, none of us really had nothing planned after. We failed indefinitely, and can't do anything else without him.

He's never been gone longer than a couple of days and he's probably never going to return to CASTA anytime soon.

Damien's been with us longer than Devon and I combined; he's mostly the glue in the group that can hold us until we fall apart.

But now, we're breaking by each piece.

The fact is, we only have two options: find a SIDD spy connected to Noah Lyses or go undercover as a SIDD agent.

I know that it's mostly suicide at this point, either way it's better than getting caught by your true identity.

Hell, it's probably better than just acting like a normal teenager for once. It feels almost an eternity just to get past high school and onto the next stage of life.

These last 4 years have been nothing but pain, heartbreak, manipulation, stress and most of all brutal at this point.

And every day feels like a revolving door of non stop missions and unnecessary homework thrown right in my face.

Like thanks Wilkins, I didn't ask for a 48 hour assassination mission while doing my calculus homework.

For now, I just need to clear my head as Devon and Cory are sleeping in the motel beds. We leave in a few hours to return back home, but sleep is the last thing I need to catch up on.

If I try to sleep now, they're gonna face the most vulnerable and scared part of myself. It's actually more intense than telling them I have these recurring problems.

I feel my eyes slowly closing and opening up again, as I check the clock ticking down one minute by the other. I'm going fall into an oblivion, a deep dark state of nightmares.

I really should sleep but I'm just not comfortable with the fact that one minute I'll be screaming and crying out of nowhere. I've ran out of sleeping pills and NyQuil. Wonderful.

I just can't stay here any longer until we leave so I do what's best for me all the time.

Taking my keys and a small handgun in my jacket, I quietly pry the door open and turn to see that the two knuckleheads are out like a light.

It's cute to see that Cory snores in his sleep
while Devon has multiple pillows covering her to block out the sound.

Smiling to myself, i step outside to meet the chill of the outside air and close the door calmly. The breeze isn't that strong, but I still manage to put my hood up.

Stepping down the concrete stairway, I quickly hesitate to decide to drive or walk. Well we are using my car and I don't want to waste anymore gas for us to be stranded on a highway.

Then again, walking is pretty scary when you're alone and when you're a girl.

I've taken way too many self defense classes and the dreaded night fights I had to teach the recruits before they go onto the next level.

Since downtown is pretty close from here, I might as well go back to the bench and mope so more. There's really nothing else to do rather than to kill your enemy spies.

With my hood still covering the top of my head, I secretly look around if anyone's following me or secretly hiding in a bush. I can't take anymore chances getting caught and with Damien no longer here.