Fifty One

22:39pm (10:39pm)
Date; May 11th, 2018
Location: Belle Fiore Winery

1 hour and 21 minutes left..

Sloane Davenport

In a place so grand, there is no secure hiding spot.

Guaranteed, all you can do is run.

As long as he can't catch me, he can't kill me within the last hour.

My arms have become stiff, stretching into the same position of my guns pointed in front of a dark hallway. Night vision would be helpful, but at this moment I have to rely on my instincts rather than assumptions.

I've made it pass the second floor, constantly switching my body back and forth and with zero chest protection besides my built in bra.

Harry's not the type to be conspicuous but he sure knows how to shoot a bullet without hesitation.

He'll have to deal with my defense mechanisms that will have him laying on the dirty marble floor.

I'll return him the favor all those years ago when he took the one thing I loved the most.

The open door down the corridor swings back and forth, with the cold draft creating a haunting motion that creates more paranoia. I step forward with ease but with my guns still at large.

Using my leg, I kick it open and with fingers laying on the trigger, I set myself to fire open before I see the face of my enemy.

However, the dining room is empty. But I won't abandon it too soon with all of the quietnes surrounding every corner. I take one step forward as my heels click against the wood.

My dress drags along behind me and with my long AR as my second piece of armor. The wavering of my eyes questioned every shadow in the dark night.

The sensation of my heightened anxiety and the millisecond of releasing a bullet all lies on the head of my enemy, who is now the one I'm chasing after. Figures.

Another sound picks up to my ears, coming to the left side of the room. The door leading to that side remains open and I pace my steps with caution.

But I stop abruptly before making myself too gullible for him. If anything, he'll want to take the next shot. I quickly take cover behind a wooden pillar draped with white linen.

With the door wide open, I can see the entrance that leads up to the main hall where our prom was being held. The bright-colored lights flash amongst the walls as the music has been abandoned by the DJ.

My hands don't break from the everlasting grip that is glued to my guns. Patience is wearing my ambition long enough for Harry to stutter.

However, God's timing couldn't come better than a tiny glare flashing towards my vision.

A glass plate in the shape of a circle is a dead giveaway with a hand big enough to grip the edges.

No doubt, I lift my gun up to my eyes and pull the trigger. Echoes of my bullets bounce to the inner walls of my ears to the entire room. The plate drops from him, shattering to the ground as I see a body retreat to the wall parallel to his last position.

I can't waste any more ammunition, but it was enough to scare the shit out of his ass.

I peek a small glance away from the pillar.

"You still alive, baby?" I shout with a smirk coming from the corner of my mouth. Silence awaits as there is no response.

A groan crawls from his mouth, but in the most uncharacteristic way of him.