Fifty Six

07:02 AM
Date: May 12th 2018
Location: Safe House

Harry Styles

It's dark out, but I'm staring straight ahead into oblivion.

There's always something about what lurks in the night, whether there is someone who is always watching you.

They anticipate your every move. Waiting for something to snap.

It's another full moon shining upon me. Everytime I look at its fullest point, there's no wonder why I can't take my eyes off it.

The paranoia has controlled me ever since I've been trained to kill. Trusting people is harder than it looks like.

And it reminded me everyday that beautiful things don't always appear in plain sight.

They simply don't last forever either.

"You going to finish that or what?"

I swerve my attention back to the right side of me. Sloane grins as her huge brown eyes question my silence. I don't know how long I've been staring at the moon for as my ice cream is left untouched.

She decided to stop by some liquor store right near her lookout point of the beach before heading back to town.

We sit on the hood of my car, just sitting under the neon signs of the store.

"Don't tell me you're finished already."

"I guess I'm good at two things now." She smiles again.

What a little freak you are.

I nudge her with my shoulder. "Remind me the next time I take you out and we can see how good you are holding onto the rear view mirror." I say bringing my nose closer to her ear.

She lets out a small giggle, awakening a thousand more butterflies in my stomach. She put on my jumper back as well, covering her from the breeze that continues to flow at such a late time; hair flies as she tries to push it behind her ear.

"But are you okay though?" She asks me.

I nod. "Yeah."

"I just wanted to make sure you weren't getting tired before we head back to town." She takes another spoonful of her strawberry ice cream and looks at the moon.

I take a glance at her side profile and see how gorgeous she looks in the dark. I want to lick off the ice cream that stains her lips and kiss her until there's no more oxygen to breathe in.

Her eyes widen at the moon, despite the heaviness of her eye bags that have yet to be gone. She told me she's never had a good night's sleep in a while. But I remember those constant nightmares are what plague her.

She told me earlier that most of them are memories that have traumatized her. That abusive ex piece of shit is rotting in a jail cell due to my pick-pocketing but he deserved to be punished for what he did to her.

I know she'll never find it easy to rest, but I want to help her out so badly.

I want her to know it's okay to battle these demons, because I did too.

"Can I ask you somethin', stranger?" I ask her.

She looks down to me, abandoning the moon.

"Sure, what is it?"

I clear my throat. "It's okay if you don't have to answer this but..when you said that-your nightmares were about really bad things that you never saw, do you know what they are about?"