Thirty Two

21:20pm (9:20pm)
Date: April 21st, 2018
Location: Pacific Highway

Sloane Davenport

There has never been a day where I actually been early to anything. Everywhere I go, I end up being the latest and never have impeccable timing, only to realize I have to find an excuse. Being a hitwoman just taught me I have to handle unexpected things on my own and sometimes the expected.

Right now, I'm speeding my way down back to my house after the helicopter pad landed within 10 minutes. I have to make a mental reminder to thank the pilot for using it this time. Not many of us get to use CASTA's toys, but thank god for Wilkins having a day off as I requested it.

Funny enough, I'm using their motorcycle as well. I left my car in the driveway but that won't give me any help because Harry will assume that I'm still home.

Uncle James is still there but he'll probably figure out sooner or later that I'm running late. I'm hoping that he can surely entertain him inside the house. But he'll probably rip his ears and try to find where the fuck I am.

Pressing on my right handle to run the engine more, I swerve over to each lane with a few cars going slower than 30. I'm just hoping the highway patrol isn't doing a night shift on my way. I can feel the wind tickling my legs through the tights as the bottom of my waistcoat flies behind. I didn't have any time to change but it does give me the opportunity to at least get ready with the amount of clothes left.

I glance slightly at my watch on the left of me.

9:24.

Fuck I hate when time gets faster every second it gets closer. Revving my engine, I speed past more cars and lanes, going nonstop until I see my exit.

Thankfully, there's no traffic on my way home, giving me a breather between crowd space. I've had a couple moments where I almost crashed but nothing too serious where I ended up in the hospital.

I pray so hard to myself that Harry is getting ready at his place and that he's not standing at my door any second. Pushing my gas to hit 90, I finally spot my exit sign which is two more exits down. C'mon c'mon you can do it.
Approaching my exit, I ease on the ramp to turn right. However, my happiness is soon turned down by a wait line forming to turn right, the direction to my house.

You have got to be fucking with me. My patience is on a level 99 as of now. Shaking my head, I run past the cars, entering the left lane but using to turn right instead. Without hesitation, I make the impulsive decision to make my way into the right.

I don't look behind me, but hear a loud car horn beep from behind. I raise my hand, to apologize but they'll assume that I'm just an ignorant rider that let me in. Jaw clenched and knuckles tightened, I push harder as I speed fast the stoplights, some green and a few yellows where it almost turned red. I've managed to keep myself within the lanes but hop in between so I can ease my way through.

My house is now down to three more street lights. The adrenaline is rushing in my blood faster and I can feel the pace of my heart beating, waiting to burst out any second. Passing the first two, I can finally ease onto the left lane as I'm the first in line. Only dilemma is that it's red while the ones going straight are green.

Knowing how long it takes, the recklessness is driving me crazy to just get into the lanes on my right and make a left which leads to the same road just with different turns. I take another look at my watch and read that it's 9:27.

Questions are burning in my head trying to decide my move. Do I wait out and keep him waiting or just fuck it? My bike keeps rumbling with my feet on the ground to balance it's pause.