Twenty Four

18:30pm (6:30pm)
Date: April 20th, 2018
Location: Unknown

Harry Styles

The jolt of the wheels suddenly brake too late, the seatbelt holding me from falling forward.

I open my eyes, awake in the back seat of the car. I've realized that I have slept the entire car ride from school to the headquarters. I'm having trouble staying awake these past few days, not to mention the countless nights I've been up with Sloane.

It's probably the only thing that gets me off my mind other than school and SIDD training. I've rarely gotten any mission assignments since the first day I got here. It's strange that I'm supposed to be on the lookout when there could be a whole swarm of CASTA agents in this town.

But I guess it gives me time to relax before I shoot someone in the head.

"Hey, sleeping beauty." Carter nudges me with his elbow. "C'mon we got business to deal with." He pokes me with his elbow again, even though he can clearly see that I'm wide away. He still munches on a bag of hot cheetos leaving his fingers all red and flaky.

I groan in frustration and throw my head back to the head rest. Unbuckling myself, I open the door and jump out to an empty factory building that looks abandoned and closed for years.

Cade gets out of the driver's seat and locks the car. The three of us start heading over to the gated area, where no trespassing signs are put up from side to side. We walk over the chains keeping it closed and walk further down, where the doors are wide open. Once we get inside, the whole place is wide and empty, a couple rubbish things on the sides and pigeons flying around.

Cade heads over to a door that says janitor as Carter and I follow his lead. There's a small keypad with numbers and a camera on top to see us. He presses the code in and with a green light blinking, the door opens. I expected to see a usual janitor's closet, but once the door is wide open there's a walkway long ahead to the other door.

Walking in together, Cade tells us to stand still on the pad

Walking in together, Cade tells us to stand still on the pad. I don't know why but then all of a sudden it moves, causing it to pull us closer on a conveyor belt. Carter loses his balance, a few cheetos falling from his hand.

"Fuck!"

He crumples up the bag and shoves it to his pocket, licking his fingers clean with the cheeto dust left.

A purple beam light flashes in front of us as we move. Scanning our bodies from head to toe, the screen in front shows our ID pictures, confirming our access.

"Welcome Agent Reading, Agent Mason and Agent Styles." The lady's voice recognizes us and we stand until we come closer to the door ahead.

"Hello, SIDD." Cade says. Carter looks at him in confusion as if he was talking to a wall.

"Hello boys. Welcome to Headquarters. Sorry to interrupt, but we have a situation at our hands."

The three of us look at each other and then glance at the screen.