Thirty Three

22:12pm (10:12pm)
Date: April 27th, 2018
Location: Angel's Hell

Sloane Davenport

The underground of Angel's Hell club rages in the midst of lukewarm air, the aroma of everything that is being consumed by the large sea of strangers. It's a range of mixed alcohol, weed and sweat growing by the minute. My anxiety and nervousness are bundled in my stomach, not sure if they will last as I enter inside, still gripping onto Harry's hand.

I observe the club's interior, everything to the top from the bottom of the sticky floors. To the far center of my left, a DJ is on a platform stage controlling every beat and sound as the crowd continues to dance. There's booths filled to each side while the bar is at the opposite end, bartenders busying themselves with orders.

My habits with CASTA stay strong, with any place that I go to. Knowing where the exit points are, mapping out the entire area as a way to be prepared for anything. But it also keeps me distracted and a little less timid at the moment.

I'm not very extroverted like the rest of these people. Cece would definitely love a place like this every weekend, dragging me with her until I drop to the ground.

Harry's hand guides me away from the crowd and to the upper level of stairs, purple lighting illuminating from the ceiling as it follows up the second level. I squeeze his hand once more and he turns around, reassuring a smile that he gives whenever I feel anxious about things like this. I definitely need a drink or two to just keep me down or even a cigarette if anyone has one around.

The song transitions into a smooth beat as The way I are begins to blast through the speakers and the crowd automatically raves into the music. The stairs lead both us into another small crowd, with booths opened and a small mini bar held in the corner. The LED lights change to blue, painting everything around me in its presence.

Harry continues to walk past everyone as we finally approach a booth with drinks scattered on the table and dusted marks imprinted by white lines, leaving the traces of what I can only assume is cocaine in the bags.

I look down to see a dirty blonde head with curls sticking out, whispering something to the girl on his left, blushing at whatever he said. He peeks out from her ear and finally spots Harry and I standing before him.

"Heyyyyy, mate you finally made it here." Carter scoots over to the edge, greeting Harry with a short slap to his back that makes him annoyed. After he hugs him, he notices me standing behind.

"Sloane! Glad you could come." He gives me a hug as well and I give one back too. His fragrance is a deep scent of cedar wood, one that I'm familiar with but also reeks of marijuana on his shirt. I pull away from him quickly as he lets us into the booth.

"Oh by the way this is Alex, she's visiting from Eugene." Carter points over to the girl in the corner of the booth, with a platinum blonde pixie cut and piercings on every inch of her face. She waves with her hand to say hello before she starts shuffling a credit card around the white powder.

"Sloane, this is Cade, my second roomate." Harry introduces me to the guy sitting next to the girl that Carter was with a few moments ago, wearing a casual white tee, black jeans and retro red Jordans. Cade gives him a welcome pat, then goes to greet me with a handshake.

"I'm Sloane, nice to meet you." I say politely.

Cade gives a shy smile as he shakes. "Nice to meet you too. You want something to drink?" He offers me.

I turn to look at Harry but he's deep in a conversation with Carter in the booth. "Um, I'll just get a Mojito and a few shots." I tell him.

He gives me a nod as he heads over to the mini bar, leaving me to scoot into the booth. Harry watches me get in as Carter takes a sip from his drink and Alex cleaning up the tip of her nostril.