Fifty Eight

09:45 AM
Date: May 12th 2018
Location: Safe House

Carter Mason

"Not too shabby for the work of Cade Reeding huh?" I say, nonchalantly.

"Well it's not the first time I had to get sutures for a scar this big." Sloane turns around to face me after she stares at the reflection of her wound that is now patched up.

"Did you ever have to get them?" She asks me.

I shrug. "Just baby ones but not when I was on a mission or anything. Never too grand for an agent who doesn't do anything for the majority of his time here."

"Then your missions must be that boring for you, right?" A smile pops out from her mouth. I can see why Harry got his boxers in a twist for this girl.

"You know, you're more sarcastic than both my friends combined. I like that about you."

She blushes and puts the sweater back on and we head over to the living room area.

Cade is now fixing up Harry, who scrunches his eyes in pain. His fists are balled up tightly as he sits through the string pulling on his skin.

"Oof, how's it going babycakes?" I ask him.

Harry doesn't say anything but just flips his middle finger at me while I take a seat on the foot stool. Sloane sits next to his side, clinging onto his hand as she gives it a squeeze.

"Just a few more crossovers and you'll be set. Remember these take almost 4 weeks to repair the skin and attach it back together." Cade reminds them.

"Cute. You guys have matching scars now." I raise my eyebrows.

"I think getting a tattoo would be less painful than this-ah shit." Harry's words are cut short as Cade pulls his forceps high from his face.

"Not when you have the pain tolerance of a grandmother. Which reminds me I'm in dire need of another."

"Wait-" Sloane interrupts. "Do all three of you have it?"

"Have what?" I specify.

"The SIDD tattoo."

I realize what she means while Cade etches his face in confusion. "She means that snake symbol that we had to get once we got promoted."

Cade sings a long oh and Harry lightly nods. "Yeah, we couldn't get it too big or too small and somewhere discreet."

"Why a snake?"

"That's a lot of history deep dive into, but long story short snakes represent transformation or even immortality meaning we live as long as we survive our battles." I explain to her.

Rolling up the bottom of my long sleeve shirt , I display the tattoo that is on my ribcage. "Here's mine."

She takes a closer look and suddenly feels the need to give another show and tell.. "You know I can definitely show you another one if you look closely down to my-

"Alright, enough with the teasing strip show, Car. I don't need her to see what she's not interested in." Harry snaps before wincing to another stitch hitting his skin.

I release the hem of my shirt. "Hey, it's nothing she hasn't seen before."

His nostrils flare as I give him a sly grin from both corners of my mouth.

"Mines on my middle finger." Cade says, referring back to the tattoo. "I'll show it later when I'm not too busy playing doctor."

"Where's yours then?" Sloane turns to Harry. He uses his index finger to point to the back of his neck.