Fifty Nine

10:14 AM
Date: May 12th 2018
Location: Safe House

Sloane Davenport

I'm sure the boys and I heard that knock break the silence that was lingering in our fortress of solitude. My body tenses harder, drawing myself closer to the sound.

Carter and Harry must've wandered off somewhere in the house, possibly upstairs. But something tells me that they didn't go outside. I told Harry about the keypad and door lock that have to be used.

I don't think I saw him take the key.

Cade looks at me, as he's wiping his face with a napkin with eyes cornering the door then to me. Having the same intuition as I do, I immediately get up from my seat, remove the knife from the dart board and go towards the security camera panel that's hidden in the coat closet.

Cade follows behind as I open the door, swiping the coats to the left and seeing who's at the front door.

Standing at the mat are two people I least expected to show up at this hour.

Maybe because I haven't told them that I was still alive and staying here..with Harry.

"Who are they?" Cade turns to me.

"I work with them. They don't know that I'm here and I'm alive. Where did Harry and Carter go?"

He gives an uncertain look. "I dunno know but you gotta answer the door before-

His words are beaten by the time I hear the door alarm beep, signaling that someone opened it.

"You!" A familiar voice breaks out.

Oh shit.

"I'll end you right now if you tell me where her body is!"

"Fuck." I curse under my breath, abandoning the monitor and rushing to the front door. My feet hit the wooden floor hard and avoided slipping with my socks on.

When I arrive there, it turned into a standoff.

The epitome of what has turned into the war itself and my life's entire purpose pictured in 2 sides.

Harry and Carter, pointing both their guns straight to the open door. Both of them beat me to answer the door. They don't blink even when I get there nor take their eyes off to look at me.

On the half of the door standing close enough to inside are the unexpected visitors.

Devon has her gun pointed directly to Harry while Cory has his to Carter.

Yet I brought a knife to a gun fight as my only weapon of defense between the four.

Never in my wildest dreams to ever think that I have to interrupt a showdown between my best friends and the enemies I've come closer to, one in particular that is clenching his jaw so tight that glass could potentially break.

Or even his newly done stitches that are clenched up by his eyebrows furrowing.

Devon finally notices that I'm the frame now.

"Sloane! You're alive!"

I take a step next to Harry, inching myself closer to the open door. "Dev, Cory put it down okay?"

"Tell me why this hijo de puta is in your safehouse and still breathing the same air as you are!" She ignores my plea to stop but keeps her gun up to her eye level.

"I will tell you if you just come inside and put your gun down." I say again.

"You honestly made me and Cory here think that you were dead by midnight and constantly roaming the tracker on your dress hoping we didn't have to pick up a dead body for your uncle to mourn about. But now I see why we decided to find the last of your location." Her words eye upon Harry who holds his ground even more.