Sixty Two

08:09AM
Date: May 13th, 2018
Location: SafeHouse

Sloane Davenport

I moan another curse word beneath the pillow that is thrown on top of my head.

Beneath me, another fuck is muttered where Harry's head is under the crook of my head neck.

It's only been the second night we've spent together and stayed up more than we thought after we took the time to fix up the basement level. And after that, our clothes were simply off our bodies and soon enough we found ourselves covered just by the sheets.

I hoped that our morning would be different from yesterdays, yet we're still annoyed by the call of our burner phones.

It's been ringing for the 3rd time as we slept through the first two. Eventually fed up with the reinforcement of the loud ringer, I sit myself up from the bed and carefully push Harry's head away to answer the phone.

Hidden underneath the mess of clothes, I find it and flip it open to answer.

"Hello?" I yawn out.

"Slo? It's me." Devon answers.

"Dev, call me back later I just got up-

"Sloane, I don't give a fuck. You need to listen to me."

She carries a harsh and urgent tone and I know what that exactly means when she uses it. I sit up straight using the sheet covers to hide my bare skin.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Something happened yesterday when we went to retrieve your belongings. We got compromised but we were able to take them out."

"Was it SIDD?"

That catches Harry's attention as his eyes are now wide awake and his body stiffens.

"Yes." She replies. "Sloane..it was Damien they sent to take us out."

The air becomes colder on my skin, blood rushes out of my face. Paralyzed in my position and staring straight at the wall, I'm completely unaware of Harry getting out of bed and sliding on his sweatpants.

"Sloane? Sloane, are you still there?"

I swallow the lump in my throat. "Are you sure it was him?"

"I mean who else would SIDD send if not our own kind. But yes, it was Damien in the flesh and programmed to kill me and Cory when we stepped into the house and literally drew blood on us enough to put us in the hospital wing."

"Jesus christ. That bad?"

"Yep. And if we left him at your house, he'd automatically trace us and you and your uncle."

"So where is he now?" Anxiety rifles through me as I toy with the necklace that dangles down on me.

"We uh..we have him at our place but down in the basement. He's knocked out still but I threw another punch so that he would resist the straps that are tied on the chair to him."

Fuck. I didn't know how badly things would turn out when Damien out of all people would suddenly show up out of our eyes and was sent to assassinate the majority of us. But they always say that we can never be free unless all loose ends are completely burned.

"Okay. i'll meet you there but we're gonna round up the boys first. We can't have him getting out unless reinforcements are stronger."

"Alright. Be safe mami."

Devon hangs up before I do as I flip down the burner phone and now face a lower half of light pale skin of a six-pack covered slightly by an inked tattoo of a butterfly. The sweatpants do me no justice by keeping my eyes away as the waistline is hanging too low.