Fourty

A/N: song starts at the * ;)
also we hit 1k views on my baby ahh
Xo.

07:40am
Date: May 8th, 2018
Location: Greendale Providence High School, Oregon

4 days and 16 hours left..

Sloane Davenport

In the most honest way I can put this to heart, I am actually fucking anxious.

More anxious enough that I'm jittering trying to compose myself after I drank a cup of coffee to keep me up. If my theory is true, I'm exposing myself one way or another.

It's not that I want to assume that Harry might be the target I'm looking for, but my intuition is leading me somewhere I'd least expect it.

I've managed to park away from my usual spot close to his everyday and get to my locker as fast as I can, putting all of my stash of weapons onto my body.

A couple of knives to my lingerie, mostly my bra. A mini gun, the size of a wallet. Two compact mirror grenades and everything else that I snuck in years of being a spy. This was something unplanned but at least I was prepared for anything worse being undercover at this school.

Cory informed me that the profiler is one step closer to getting the Lyses kid. The data files that I retrieved from the computer lab discovered that the kid was imported into the school system just days after spring break.

My motives may be misleading, but I have to keep my head high.

Meaning that gives me two questions: Is it who I think is the guy I'm falling for or maybe somebody else.

Could be both, but I can't double deal myself into what I'm trying to stay hidden from. I can already imagine my own profile getting to the SIDD headquarters by now.

Now everyone knows who I am. As I continue to shuffle any small weapon to my clothes, I need a mental reminder to get my personal things from my backpack and throw it down the garbage can. Once I do find the person I'm looking for, I have to go back into hiding for a while.

Which means I can't stay at my house anymore. I can't contact others especially Cece and I have to stay low if I tend to go outside, risking more exposure than it is.

The bell to homeroom will ring in about 10 minutes. It doesn't give enough time to get there because I know Harry will walk with me. He'll be arriving soon, I just don't know what to do once we're practically the only ones in the hallway.

Right now, there's a count of more than 75 students in this crowded hallway. My only exit points are from homeroom and to the way I came in. I'm absolutely shit when it comes to planning when I haven't exactly planned it out.

Go figure.

My only line of communication is my phone, my new burner will be coming in soon. But I have to discard my regular  because it will endanger anyone listed on my contacts. I am so out of options, but I'm not gonna die just yet.

I have my headphones in to keep me concentrated, but just to keep my nerves down as I listen to my playlist over and over again.

By the time Harry reaches for me, he's going to approach me the exact same way it always is. From behind my shoulder as his arm snakes its way to my collarbone, to his beating chest hitting my back and the way he whispers up to my neck to say his only move to greet me during the day.

"Hi stranger."

Shit. I don't turn around, ignoring him with my headphones still placed on my ears. My hands are busy putting away my notebooks back to my locker and nothing else I need to dispose of.