Three

A/N: *This TVD reference will come in handy later on :)*

10:15am
Date: March 29th, 2018
Location: Greendale Providence High School, Oregon

Sloane Davenport

"Oh, I forgot to tell you.." Celine begins to talk while our government teacher Ms. Icheman is going over policy making for environmental issues.

"I uh..I bumped into Brayden at the party. He was asking where ya went. I told him that you blew off early, sorry I didn't tell you earlier."

I glanced back at her, hoping that's all she was going to tell me. The conversation of his name is too erey at this time of the day.

"Oh, uh..really? I didn't see him there when we arrived." I tell her, dribbling my pencil back and forth, a bad habit that's consumed me whenever I get flustered. All because of him...

"Well he was in the basement, getting high with the guys and he only saw getting out the door when he came up stairs." she says bluntly.

I'm glad that he only got to see me for a split second because I didn't want to bring up the drama that we didn't finish a few weeks back. I even had to put him on mute because of how goddamn annoying the messages are. Devon even asked me if he was that clingy. He definitely was when he was with me.

"-And with that it is why the Environmental Protection Agency has to have laws that are regulated and improved by the supreme court and the president, questions anyone?" Ms. Icheman switches to the next slide.

My eyes are in a fighting battle to stay awake as I see some students groggy and still asleep during her lecture. She basically takes up the whole class time going over the chapters way too much.

I get a buzz from the back of my jean pocket, noting that it might be Wilkins or one of the team. I pull it out, secretly from Ms. Icheman's view as she returns back to the chapter review.

...
Cory: Sloane, can you call me? it's urgent.

Another text pops up.

Cory: Use your burner

And another.

Cory: Please call me if you see this!!

...

"Who's texting you?" I turn my head to see Cece trying to glance at my screen. Shit, really Cory? At this hour, especially when my best friend is next to me.

I can't leave Cory left to read.

"Oh it's my boss. He just wants to make sure I didn't make a mess at the office." I lie. She nods and goes back to drawing on her notebook.

Picking up my backpack, I draw my hand inside, trying to reach for my burner phone, blinded. Once I grab it, I slip it in my back pocket.

Raising my hand, it catches Ms. Icheman's attention.