Fourty Two

(don't forget to play it when u see *) xo.

23:03pm (11:03pm)
Date: May 8th, 2018
Location: Albany Street Greendale, Oregon

4 days and 57 minutes left...

*Flashback, 5 years ago*

"C'mon Sloane!"

I nudge my arm away, releasing myself from Kelsey's tightening grip. For someone who isn't built for strength, she definitely has claws that will sharpen hard to the surface of your skin.

"Kels, I can't. My parents are going to be angry with me." I argue.

She rolls her eyes back. "So what? It's not like you've been doing the past few weekends. Plus I think a couple of Aidan's friends will be there."

As the weekend begins to start after school ends, Kelsley is once again dragging me to another house party hosted by class president Aidan Christie. She wanted me to come over and spend the night getting wasted after we exposed ourselves to the alcohol.

"My dad's going to hold me hostage if I show up drunk and dead at the doorstep tomorrow morning."

"Sloane, be reasonable. You're the only friend I can trust to bring us back before my curfew. It's not such a big deal."

Kelsey can be a bit manipulative when it comes to doing things her way. She's always doing things unplanned and I haven't said no to any of them. Only reason is because she'll think I'm a total stick in the mud.

"I'm already spending the night here. What else do you want to do besides sneak off and get a little tipsy with the football team."

"It's time you start talking to him! I've seen you two get flirty every single day. Start getting closer to him."

"What?" I cut her off.

She knows that I've been secretly crushing on Brayden Schultz, the future team captain who is set to follow his older brother's footsteps for football. He and I met during the first week of classes and I'm making a fool out of myself just by going out there and taking.

"I'm not a fucking dumb-ass, Slo. He's boyfriend material; He's got the looks, the smile and don't even get me started when his voice starts to become much deeper." She gushes over about him until it makes me sick just knowing I have the fattest crush on him.

"Well if you're so sure about me and him getting together, do you think he'll actually be there or-

"Yes! One Hundred percent, babe. Aidan has been friends with Brayden since pee-wee football and the only opportunity like this, you're going to realize how much you're going to be loved by him."

Loved. The thing about falling is love still new to me, but I can only look on my parents as just the only example of meeting the person that makes you feel your best on the worst days.

I don't have much advice from mom, but she always tells me that the right people come at the times where they don't expect them to be.

Dad wasn't her first love, but he definitely makes her feel like it's forever.

"So what do you say? I'm just going to tell my mom that we're going over to Nikki's and she'll buy it. C'mon Sloane, please?" Kelsey whines obnoxiously, her blonde hair moving all over the place as she wiggles my hands with hers.

"Ugh, okay. You know what. I'll go if it makes you happy that I'm going to just trip on my own two feet when I see him again."

I roll my eyes back as she gives me a tight hug, squealing so loud through the walls of her room.