Nineteen

TW //  sexual assault

*Also August is sexual assault awareness month, I just want to say I stand w those who have experienced these types of triggers in their life and that no stranger should EVER touch them without their consent. I love you all and I'm here if you need me <3*

12:39pm
Date: April 4th, 2018
Location: Greendale Providence High School 

Sloane Davenport

"Jeez, Cece, how many dresses did you try on?" I keep scrolling through the numerous photos of Cece in different various prom dresses, all from fluffy ruffles to bridesmaid styles.

The two of us sit in our usual lunch spot, the football bleachers where kids sit in open areas.

"Just 12" She shrugs her shoulders as she continues to bite down on her sandwich. I gotta admit, she looks amazing in every dress so far, and she could even wear a paper bag and not call herself ugly.

If prom dress shopping is much harder with Cece, I think I'll be worse on my own. I don't even know a flying fuck what dresses are in store.

Cece has been planning prom in her head since freshman year, while I've been playing Kim Possible throughout high school.

She's dreamed of how we take photos, get the dates, corsages and then after party till the next day.

The thing about our friendship is I always feel that it's one-sided; I always have to keep giving excuses about how I can't make it to a party or when am I going to the next homecoming game.

But I guess Cece doesn't give a shit about being by herself, because she knows she's never a clingy person to start with. Every guy she's dated or hooked up with, she's never emotionally attached to them and I applaud her for being such a mentally tough person. 

She says boys are like disposable wipes, use once and then thrown away. I, on the other hand, can't compete with her skills in the outside world. For starters, my first ever relationship  was with a stereotypical football jock.

I'd really thought we would make it all the way to senior year. But I guess I'll be taking myself to prom.

"So which ones do you like so far?" She finishes eating in between bites. "And please say the red one because the lady told me that that's the only left."

I sigh heavily and hand her back her phone. "Honestly, I like them all. It's just that I can't really see you in these colors, I feel like something else." I say in a truthful manner.

She groans and wipes her hands with a napkin. "Sloane, I really like all of them! If I do get one of them now, then it saves me more time to shop for yours!"

Oh, mine. I totally forgot how much Cece wants to help pick me out a dress and she's even willingly coming with me because I canceled on her last week.

"I mean, by the time you buy yours, there's probably going to be other girls who might have the same dress as you." I add. Her face immediately falls and the rise of panic paints all over her face.

"Umm, well maybe you're right." Oh thank god. She would become all law and order to defend she's liked.

"You do have a good eye with what I wear so that means..you have to come with me again!" She squeals and grabs my shoulders, making me shake and the entire bench as well.

"Okay! Okay!" Grabbing her hands, I halt them to stop me from starting an earthquake. "I'll go with you, I promise this time." She continues to give me a big wide smile and pulls me for a quick hug.