Nine

A/N:
tw // physical altercations and abuse

12:45pm
Date: March 30th, 2018
Location: Greendale Providence High School

Sloane Davenport

I keep replaying the conversation that I had with Harry while I sit in the bleachers with Cece. She keeps ranting about her dads who aren't sure if she should bring the guy she's been talking to to the prom.

But I'm honestly stuck in my head right now. He's got me wrapped around his slick smile, and his powerful glare in his eyes strike before I can peep one word out of my mouth. I haven't felt this feeling in a while, like a new fresh wave of the salt water in the ocean.

But sometimes the wave can just pull you and kill underneath the tide. And before I know it, I'll fall right into his board game.

He seems like the polar opposite than what he actually looks like. He could possibly be in a motorcycle gang that does drugs every single day for all I know.

But as a guy like him, he's more lenient to being that boy in the back of class who reads and thinks he's weird for doing shit like that.

I mean that's better than being arrogant and cocky. Just look the rest of the boys at Greendale.

I take another bite of my apple as I refocus my attention to Celine. She stops mid-way of her rant as her facial expression drops.

"Cec' , what is it?" My mind is still in confusion as to why she started turning pale for a second. Like she's almost staring at my dead grandpa Dave.

Using her index finger, she points to my left side of my shoulder and slowly pushes me to the figure that's blocking the sunlight.

Standing over me, is a tall figure with dirty blue jeans, black vans and of course a dark green letterman jacket with Greendale's pride patch on it.

"Um...hey Brayden."

The heartless tone in my voice gives him the message to fuck off. But Cece is sitting right next to me and I don't want to cause more drama between her and Brayden.

The last time I told her about my beef between Brayden she was dead serious is chopping of his balls with a butchers knife.

The face on him seems more irritated than friendly. "Hey, can I-like talk with you? In private?"

I give him another annoyed face. Out of the blue, he now wants to talk to me? It's been like what a month since we last talked and supposedly ended things. He's such a dick for doing this at time where I can actually enjoy my free time.

I click my tongue to the top of my roof. "Fine, Cece I'll be back." I give her a look, noting that she got my message that if anything bad happens, call me ASAP.

I start to follow Brayden down the bleachers, holding my apple core in one hand and fidgeting my fingers on the other.

My heart rate starts going faster, and I can feel sweat forming on each side of my armpits.

Tossing the apple core into the nearby trash can, we keep walking until he stops near the boys locker room.

Really? Out of all places, he had to pick one that smells like a dog's mouth.

He leans against the wall as I fold my arms, flustered that he's about to bring up Colin's party situation. I swear, sometimes he thinks he's a lost puppy who wants me, but I've already let him go.

"Why'd pull over me over here Brayden?" I ask him. Looking down to me, he shuffles his hands in his pockets, more so causal than a heated argument on the quad.