Chapter 48

Hi, I would like to say sorry that I have been posting new chapters as much as I would like to, I have been having a lack of inspiration lately and needed time to actually get the chapters done. Hopefully that this chapter isn't a disappointment to my readers. I am so sorry again for the delay in my chapters, hopefully, I will write more chapters again.

Thank you all for your patience with me and my writing journey, I like to thank everyone who still continued to read my story. I really appreciate every one of my readers that kept reading my story even with the delay of my chapters.

Okay enough talk, now on with the story!

Aurora's POV

I sat on the floor near Rosaleen's bed, petting her and trying to calm myself down as well, and I was also trying not to blame myself for what I have done to her. I did this, I am the one that hurt her and made her lose her energy as she tried to contain my powers and refrain it from getting worse.

Tears started to form in my eyes as I saw her own eyes still close shut. I am so sad and angry at myself that I didn't control my emotions, if I had controlled it better, she wouldn't have gone into hibernation.

"I am so sorry Rosaleen, please wake up soon." I whispered in her ear, hopefully she can hear me and feel my presence.

I suddenly heard a knock at my door, I stood up and opened it and was shocked to see Gabe was there holding flowers. "Gabe?" I said with a surprised tone in my voice.

"Hi Aurora......." he said to me softly. "May I come in?" he asked me and without any hesitation, I let him.

"Sure, come in. what are you doing here?" I asked as I closed my door behind me.

"Well, I actually did want to come to your welcome home party earlier but i was busy with work, i mean busy at work at my mom's salon. She was understaffed today and there were alot of appointments that she couldn' afford to cancel." he explained. "Ummm,do you mind if I sit on your bed?" he asked and I just nodded and gestured to him to sit down and I sat next to him.

Wait, you work at your mom's salon? You do hair?" i asked him sounding amused somehow which i didn't know why because there are male beauticians.

"Yeah, what do you think? I can't do women's hair because i'm a guy? That's sexist! Of course guys can do hair." he explained in a joking manner to show he is not angry at my comment.

"No that's not it, i think i never imagine you as a hairstylist/beautician type of guy. I always thought you were the cool jock athletic type of guy instead."

"Oh really? That you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover then, my mom taught me to do hair ever since I could hold a pair of scissors. Of course, she doesn't let me do real people's hair on the first try, I had to use a mannequin head that had a wig on it as practice."

"Wow! That's amazing!"

"Oh! And I forgot, these are for you, my mom kinda sent me to the flower shop nearby the salon to buy you these. Of course, I chose the flowers. she also said to me to tell you to get well soon." Gabe said but then he started mimicking his mom or should i say mimicking all moms. "And also to drink plenty of water, do not exert yourself and also eat plenty of food but also don't eat too fast and....."

I started laughing. "I get it, i get it!" and Gabe started laughing too. "Your mom is really kind enough to buy these flowers for me. It's really sweet of you both to do that, tell her i said 'thank you for the flowers' i really appreciate it."

"Oh, I will."

"So does your mom always want to open a salon?" I said as I sniff the beautiful flowers, they smelled great.