Chapter 9 Life of Ryder Hunter (Edited)

Ryder's POV

Going for a run as early as 6 am has become the norm for me. I have to train my body for anything and it pumps my adrenaline up. Bonus, it gets me solace from reality.

Being the son of the King of Wereprople does give you pressure, and just running with the wind blowing at my white fur and the moon shining around the forest makes everything feel better. Makes me feel like I can take on anything!

I  then heard a growl coming towards me.

*What was that?!*

I stopped and sniffed the air for the scent of other werepeople or even stray dogs, I knew those growls came from either. I smelled deep and instantly the scent of a wereperson, smell more feline from another pack.

(Mind linked)

*Well, isn't it the great half, Ryder Hunter. What are you doing all alone without daddy's guards to protect their so-called prince*

What came from the dark shadows was Dylan, the son of the leader of another pack, he had always tried to attack me and show me up in front of the other leaders to make me feel like I was just dirt because of how I was born. But I made sure he never got a chance to pull any tricks on me because I was always 2 steps ahead of him.

*What do you want Dylan? Another Fight? I think you have to wait till the next gathering for you to lose again*

His face turned sour and I knew I hit a nerve.

My inner feline, Max was ready to rip him to pieces but I could not let him, for my parents' sake and to prove to others that they were wrong to suspect me to be beneath their class. I calmed Max down.

*Big talk from a halfer!, why don't you try your worst*

*No thank you, this is a waste of time, I have better things to do than to play childish games* I said while turning back

Dylan suddenly ran in front of me and however, I moved knowing he was gonna try to block me as a way of showing his dominance. I will not be tempted by this, I will stop Max from being tempted by this idiot.

*Scared?*

*No but you should be.* I  smiled on the inside and so did my wolf.

He was confused and he then realized where the scent was coming from.

*Dylan Cooper! And what pretell are you doing?!* Dylan's father came into the mix. Just saying a sibling's bond is very powerful when in a crisis.

*Father?, i was just -*

* Go home son! I will speak to you about this at home!*

I gave him a look and he ran off after he glanced at me.

His father apologized to me and asked me to send his regards to my father and mother right after he left, Brooklyn came down.

*I just came right on time didn't I bro?*

*Yup, thanks for warning me to be on the lookout and also for bringing his father here.*

*No probs, I know if you would have to fight him, his pack would come and attack you. I just saved your ass today, let's walk back, shall we? Mom's done preparing breakfast*

I nodded and walked back with her.

*So how's school?* I mind-linked to Brooklyn.

*Oh it's fine just got some weird feeling on the first day back*