Chapter 18 The Birthday (Edited)

Aurora's POV

December 1st, My birthday. I didn't even want to go to school but I knew mom would convince me anyway, so I went. Once I reached school, there were decorations everywhere but the atmosphere of the school still stayed the same.

I suddenly hear noises of girls squealing and calling "Alex!, "Joshykins", Nick!"

*Wow, Deja vu*

I looked where the noises were coming from and there I saw it, girls fawning over my brothers.

"Happy birthday Alex! Here is your present" said one girl giving him a small box with a ribbon on it.

"Thanks!," said Alex, smiling at her.

This is the norm for me, sometimes people just forget it is my birthday too. So I just walked away from the scene and continued to walk to my locker and I saw Brooklyn there.

*What is she doing there?*

She saw and smiled at me. "Hey Aurora!, Happy Birthday !" she said cheerfully and hugged me.

"Wow, am I the first Rossi sibling you said that to, I thought it would be Nick," I said to her. Her face suddenly changed.

She started leaning to the locker next to mine while I was getting my books "Yeah, well I did say to him first....."

I have noticed that she was the first person besides my family to wish me and we got closer even though I met her a month ago. But I shouldn't have been surprised the gang met me a month ago and we became very close.

I saw Ryder coming down the hallway, I expected him to say hi or something.

"Hi, Ryder!" I said. He just nodded at me and quickly walked away.

*That was weird, maybe he was in a hurry*

"Well, Aurora, what are you doing for your birthday?" Brooklyn asked

"Nothing, just staying in my room, watching anime, and reading manga are the usual things I do during this time of year."

"Oh really?" Brooklyn's phone buzzed and she looked at her phone and started texting while asking me questions like:

"What is your favorite flavor chocolate, or strawberry?" and I answered

"Chocolate"

"You like ice cream?"

"Yes"

"What kind of food do you like?"

So after answering a billion questions, class started and I felt strange around the gang like they were ignoring me. Whenever I went to my class, I saw them and then they ran away awkwardly.

*Did I do something wrong?*

Even during lunch, I noticed some of them missing, and when I asked they just gave me different answers and excuses. I felt paranoid like I did something to upset them. When class was over I didn't get to see the gang or go to the cafe, I went back home all by myself as Josh, Alex, and Nick had last-minute plans.

When I got home, I saw that no one was home, so I went up to my room and started to hold my stuffed penguin.

*What is going on here? What does it feel so different? I'm almost always alone on this day. Why do I feel sad? And why does the gang look suspicious and ignore me, did I do something?*

I felt my pulse racing just asking those questions and thinking to myself that I have also adapted to being alone with other kids and I shouldn't even feel this way. Suddenly I heard the doorbell ring.