Chapter 31 Family (Edited)

Aurora's Pov

'Oh no' is what was written on all our faces. Mom and dad saw me floating up in the air, I held Josh's shoulders to balance myself down and landed carefully on the floor.

There was a very long awkward silence."Oh my goodness!" Mom said while she covered her mouth in shock. " How? How? I can't believe that you..." she pointed at me while shivering and stuttering.

Josh stepped forward. "Mom, we can explain."

" I just can't anymore" we were all scared of what she meant by that.

*Is mom going to leave us knowing what we can do, what we are? Or maybe both of them are? Oh no! I don't want that! How can I fix this? This is all my fault! If i hadn't gone first*

"I- I- oh my baby is so special!" she hugged me." Not a lot of Mythix can do that especially when your abilities just started. Yeah, I know that it is a basic move to fly but I couldn't do that even when I have 14 years of experience under my belt." we were all shocked and our mouths were wide open.

"Mom? So you're a -" Nick pointed it out.

"Yes Nicky boy, I am a Mythix just like your sister" Mom hugged me tighter. Usually my mother had 2 sides, the understanding mom whom will always encourage you no matter what and the strict mom that would scold us if we do anything stupid. This side of her was different, she seemed more relieved and glad. She looked at me like I had graduated from high school or something.

*Was she waiting for this to happen, that we have abilities? How long has she been waiting?*

Mom pulled away from me and hugged my brothers tightly like she was choking them. Dad came nearer to me and patted my back, he seemed not shocked about this which made me question him but he beat me to it. "Dad -"

"No Auri, I have no abilities, only your mom has them. I am happy that you have them too, which explains the new look." he smiled at me and hugged me as well.

After the hug fest, mom told us to sit at the couch so they could explain to us what was going on." Okay kids, ummm..... I have no idea how to explain this, why don't you ask me questions." once she told us that, all of them except me asked.

"Okay eldest to youngest!" said dad.

"Okay, mom why didn't you tell us?" Josh asked in a serious voice, it looked like he was hurt that they didn't tell us.

"Well, Joshy. We wanted to tell you honestly we did, but we didn't want to complicate things" we all gave her the 'are you serious' look. "More than what has happened now, I am surprised that you all have kept this long as you did."

"Mom....." Nick told her.

"Right..... So when your father and I got married was the same time when your Uncle Toni and Aunt Isabella got married. Isabella and I knew that there was a 50/50 chance that our kids may or may not develop abilities of their own. So we kept it a secret and agreed to watch over you kids until you're a little bit older. By the time you kids turn 13-14 i kinda thought you all don't have any abilities and we were both completely fine with that."

"Wait, Aunty Isabella has powers too? She's a Mythix!"

"Well, she is way more than a Mythix, she was the Queen of the Mythical Land, well almost the Queen of Mythical Land"

"Queen Matilda's descendant?" I whisper.

"Yes! she is, so you guys know the history?" we all nodded.

"Wait , mom how long have you known? That we had abilities all of a sudden." Alex asked mom.