Chapter 16 The Swimming Pool (Edited)

Aurora's POV

Ryder sent me back home after our meeting at Eve's family cafe, I was shocked that we were having dinner at Ryder's house tomorrow. Ryder told me that it would be fun and he did promise me to meet his siblings.

When I stepped inside the house, I could hear my brothers arguing.

"C'mon, Mom, why do we have to have dinner with neighbors tomorrow!?" Said Alex

"Because we are having a nice dinner with the Hunters tomorrow evening. All of you have to come back straight home from school and don't take any detours." Said, Mom

Josh approached Mom with concern "Mom, I don't think it's a good idea, we are talking about entering the household of the guy who harassed our sister." Said Josh.

I was about to go up the stairs. "Hey princess, you came back early?" Dad said while drinking a cup of water.

Josh came to me and pulled me to Mom and held and squished my face up. "You see how traumatized she is, look at her!" said Josh

" Josh, I think she is more traumatized by what you are doing to her now," said Mom jokingly.

"Let go of me!" I shouted while pushing him away. "And Ryder didn't harass me, it was a mistake," I told him. His face seemed like he was not convinced and Mom noticed it.

"She is right you know? Turns out their young daughter saw the whole thing and explained to our friends, her parents I mean, that it was a misunderstanding." Mom said while giving a reassuring look.

After the arguing and Alex sulking and Nick still in his room playing video games on his laptop, I presume. Everyone went to bed and I started to toss and turn on my bed. I felt hot and cold and felt an electrical feeling inside of me. Eventually, it stopped and I continued to sleep soundly.

The next day I went to school and we had to walk since Dad needed the car. Once we reached we saw some of our classmates at the school parking lot and we walked past them. When they saw us, they started whispering to each other. I noticed but tried to ignore it.

When we stepped into the school my brothers and I separated to meet our friends and while I was finding the gang, the same thing happened. I saw a lot of our classmates and even from other classes whispering amongst each other. I was confused.

I started to cover my face with my books and continued to walk and the whispers got louder! Then I saw Briar come to me and pull me into the girls' restroom.

"Aurora, are you okay?" said Briar in a worried tone. I just nodded.

"Thank god, I was really scared for a second." Said Briar looking relieved.

"C'mon Briar, they won't do anything to her, not if Kimi, me, and Mikayla got anything to say about it." Said Sonia folding her arms.

The door opened and I saw Kimi rushing in. "Okay, so I found out from some girls that it is spreading slowly and even Ryder hasn't heard anything about it. But it's coming, and when it comes we have to try to save her. Mikayla's late again, she called me." said Kimi now pacing too.

"What is going on? What happened?" I asked.

"Remember when I said something along the lines of our classmates are like sharks and they feed on rumors?" she said slowly.

I looked at her with my eyes wide open. "I don't like where this is coming from?" I said.

"Well, they are hungry and the girls here are hungry to kill," said Sonia

"Let them try! This is ridiculous." Kimi said frustrated.

I started to freak out, and then I remembered those days. I started to tear up and went into one of the stalls and locked it behind me. I started to cry.