Chapter 20 Powers, the truth, and pets (Edited)

Flashback - Rebecca's POV

When we were children, mother always made us study as much as she could as she always told us that we were fortunate that we got an education. We get a chance to learn and hold books in our hands.

Mother always praises both of us on our knowledge of some things and even though she gets mad when you eat too much and put on weight, you are chubby but it just enhances your beauty instead. You were warm to be next to and you had courage like I wish I had.

I still remember when I tried to converse with others we were both scared but you took on the big sister role and were upfront with them, you were the life of the party while I was in the shadows.

"Hey, Becky! What are you writing over there dear sister?" I looked up from my diary and saw you were close to my face. I quickly closed my diary and locked it.

"Sister, this is my privacy and I would like for you not to look over my shoulder and Becky?! What is a ghastly name?" I said, looking angry at Isabella.

"It is a nickname and no it's not 'ghastly' as you so put it, it's a cute plus 'ghastly'? You know we are not entertaining guests, you don't have to be so proper Becky. Just be yourself." she said to me and I got annoyed.

"Okay, but Mother said we should talk like proper princesses and you should be too since you are going to be queen." I nagged at her

"Yeah when I'm 18 not now, I am just 12 and you, sis are 11 years old, so please stop acting like mom and start acting like you," she said and I thought about it.

"Your Highnesses" we both looked at our maid at the door. "His and Her Majesty would like to see you both in the throne room immediately," she said.

We looked at each other and wondered what was going on, we both held each other's hands and went to the throne room and saw Dad. Once he saw us, we both jumped into his arms and he hugged us tightly.

"Well, How are my darling girls?" he asked. We both said we were fine and did not see our mother but we both felt her presence.

"Father, what is going on? Why do I feel Mother is hiding from us?" said Izzy

"Well, she has a surprise for you both but mostly you Isabella," he said while looking at Isabella.

Mom came out of the shadows and behind her was Emily, wearing a dress which made her look like a nobel. Izzy immediately hugged her out of the blue and after that Emily came and hugged me. Since we took Emily in, I have treated her as my older sister, she loved me as much as she loved Izzy I hope.

"Since as Isabella requested, Emily has started her training as an apprentice guard like your father was when he was younger, since she has come of age...." said Mother and we all got excited.

"But!... She is also going to be Isabella's Lady in-waiting and personal guard once she completes her training." Said, Mother

Father spoke. "And we have something special for both of you." Father waved at the maid to come and they held a box for us. " We have prepared this when you were both born and it is the same one your mother is wearing, the light and source of our family's power and the whole kingdom. Part of it anyway," he said

The maids opened the box case and we saw 2 necklaces, that lights resembled the northern lights and we were amazed by it. Father took the necklaces and put in on our necks. It glowed and was perfectly beautiful, out of all the jewelry we had, this was the one that outshines all of them.

"Aurora also means dawn, it is to represent the very first queen, your ancestors that settled in this realm we lived at and gave us the dawn of a new civilization of our people, that are deep inside of you filled with hopes and dreams." dad said, looking at us.