Chapter 8 The Hangout (Edited)

I woke up in the morning feeling fresh and unusually calm, especially weird since yesterday went wrong. I went to see my phone to see it was 11 am.

* 11 am?!*

I woke up rushing to take a shower

*Oh, my goodness why didn't my alarm go off, and why didn't my brothers wake me up? no time to guess, I'm late!*

I came out of the shower almost slipping on the wet floor and running back and forth from finding clothes to wear and taking a few minutes to find my hair tie which was found on my dresser and until I just realized.

*Wait.... It's Saturday*

I palm myself in the face falling on my bed.

" You know, you should close the door, right? And you are lucky that you are wearing a robe," says Josh. I sat up and saw that Nick and Josh were at the door.

" I know that I thought I was late for school. And yes, I just figured it out that is was Saturday." I said back sitting on my bed. My brothers chuckled after I said that.

" Wait? Where is Alex?" I looked behind them and noticed Alex was not there.

"He's sleeping, we are kind of representing him of finding out the noise that was here," Josh said

"Well, since I have time till they get here, I might as well have breakfast"

" It's 11 am"

" Okay, a late breakfast and if you guys don't mind, I need to change," I said while stepping near towards my door and closing it behind me as my brothers walked back to their rooms.

After I changed my clothes, I started going downstairs to the living room near to the kitchen. The doorbell rang and I stopped in my tracks at the staircase.

"I'll get it." Josh opened the door and saw me at the stairs.

" Auri, what you mean by them just no -" I saw him open the door and saw Sonia, Kimi, and Briar he suddenly was stunned.

" Hi! is Aurora here?" Sonia asked cheerfully.

" Uh......" Josh said while his mouth was wide open. I quickly came to the door to stop this awkwardness.

" Hi, girls! well, Josh, you can go back to what you were doing just now ''I said while patting him on the back and slowly directing him to the living room. He started mumbling and still had a stunned look on his face.

I gesture the girls to go into the house and they follow me." You guys are pretty early today, I thought we would meet at 1 pm?"

" Yeah.... change of plans, you see Liam has invited us to a last-minute party tonight at his house, his older cousin is supervising the party and we thought of telling you in advance by coming to your house," said Kimi

"And we thought that we could go shopping at the mall to buy new clothes for the party before we go to Briar's mom's cafe. So, what do you think?" Sonia said waiting for my response.

" Sure! Just let me get my purse and phone ''I said immediately.

So off we went taking the bus to the mall, I was sitting beside them feeling excited about being invited to a party! But unfortunately, I had a little anxiety mixed with those feelings. I wasn't invited to any parties at my old school, my brothers were but not me, usually I would just stay at home and watch anime.

When we got inside the mall, Sonia pulled me with the other girls into a store she wanted to go in. The store was huge, it had plenty of dresses and blouses, and it was gorgeous. That was until I saw the price tag. I gulped.