Chapter 15 Meet the Hunters (Edited)

Ryder

"Okay kids, I want you all to behave yourself, no arguing and fighting, and especially no circumstance that any of you shift during or before dinner or even after. We will be kind and respectful today. Understood?" Said, Mom

"Yeah," everyone said softly

"I can't hear that, is that understood?"Said Mom again.

"Yes!" everyone said attentively.

"Good, now everyone can do whatever you want and be ready at 7 pm for dinner, scratch that, 6:30 pm. Wear your best evening wear and I do not mean Jeans and tank tops Brooklyn." Mom said to Brooklyn.

"Stella, you know you can relax, we are not entertaining the queen you know? It's our friends, we went and ate chili fries with them. Just calm down, they would not care if our kids seemed a bit hyper." Said Dad. Mom agreed but if I know her she is still worried. I understand her, she has so many kids.

"Mom, Dad. Can I talk to you?" I said while approaching them.

"Sure Ryder, come sit with us. Something has been on your mind, hasn't it?" said Dad while we sat on the couch

"You noticed?" I asked. They just nodded.

"What's wrong, is it because of Emily's boys? They won't dare to do anything to trigger Max. If I know Emily, she will shut their egos down!" said mom

"Well, It's not that, it is just something happening to Max when school started, he suddenly had a feeling of jumping, like he was waiting excitedly for someone," I said while standing up and pacing. "Then, we suddenly smelled something, there was a scent of rose in the air. No one was wearing perfumes that smelled like that, it made me dizzy, and then during the party." trying to catch my breath." Max mind mind-block me! How is that even possible?"

"Woah, Woah, Ryder sit down, please breathe and calm down. So let's begin from the top, you said Max was jumpy and excited, you started smelling flowers and his mind blocked you. I think I know what it is but I need more information when you were at school what happened after you smelled the scent of flowers?" said Mom.

"Yes, and even some sweet lemony scent too! suddenly Miss Lily asked me to get the attendance list and when I got there, it became stronger. I got the list and then Miss Watsons asked me to show Aurora and her brothers around, ''I said until mom stopped me.

"Wait Aurora and her brothers were there?"

"Yeah, they just started school on that day. Why?"

"Nothing, okay then during the party the Rossi kids were there with you?"

"No, I saw Aurora alone and scared so I asked her to follow me, we played a few party games and then somehow Max suddenly said something along the lines of "It can't be or it's impossible," I said still confused that I didn't ask Max about that, I was afraid he would block me again.

I looked at Mom and Dad. Mom looked shocked but happy while Dad just seemed calm and smiling. "oh my goodness, I am so happy for you! Well, it's not confirmed yet but maybe it is possible, I think it's possible" Mom looked at Dad. "Andy, is it possible?"

He just put his hand on Mom's leg. " We are just happy for you, that you finally found her at such a young age. Seems very rare," said Dad

"Quite early isn't it?" said mom

"Find who?" I said as I was still confused with the exchange between my parents.

"Your Mate!" said mom

"Your Mate!" Said, Dad

I looked at them shocked, I couldn't fathom what they said, it's like I heard what they said but I couldn't get it.