Chapter 19 Changes (Edited)

Aurora's POV

"It's impossible since Aurora is adopted" Mom's words hit me hard, I did not know how to handle this situation. Mom and Dr Aiko felt my presence and looked at me staring at them. Mom's face was shocked.

"Aurora..."

I quickly ran up to my room and when I reached my room, I closed and locked the door behind me and rushed to my bed to hug my stuffed penguin.

*I'm adopted. I can't believe this. No wonder ....No wonder I felt so different around my own family, my brothers, and all these years they didn't tell me I was adopted? Why? Does Josh, Nick, and Alex know too*

I stopped hugging my penguin went to my closet and went through a box that I wrote down 'Childhood'. I looked through to find a special bracelet I got from someone I knew. I dug through and found it inside a small metal box to keep safe.

I held the bracelet and remembered that I hadn't worn it for a long time, not since I was a kid and to the boy who gave it to me. I wore it and remember the good old times, before puberty, before I even knew what it felt like to be bullied or hurt or what anxiety and having attacks everywhere.

I heard Mom's footsteps, but then I heard Dr Aiko's voice.

"Emily, give her time, just wait till James comes and you can handle this together." I heard Dr Aiko tell my mom. "Aurora, if you hear me, it's okay to be mad, just take your time and if you are ready your parents will explain everything to you."

I heard footsteps again, they were going down the stairs. I stayed in my room, trying to just calm down, I was angry, sad, frustrated. I can't even process what was going on.

One day I had an amazing birthday that was organized by friends, my parents were there. Find out I have an Aunt who is my friend's mom. Went and fainted for how many hours and now to find out I was adopted was something. Words can't even be formed of how I felt at this moment.

I was so tired, that I fell asleep, I woke up at night and just in time heard my father walk into the door and talk to my mom. I heard them but their voices softened and I went to the bathroom to wash my face.

I came back to my bed and on the lights to see something near the door, it looked like a letter. I went to pick it up and in front of the letter, it was written. 'We are sorry that we haven't told you that you are adopted and we love you'

*My parents are the sweetest ever. I love them, I am just confused!* I chuckled a bit. I looked at the time and saw it was midnight. I sat on my bed near my nightstand and noticed my glasses sitting around there which made me realise i could see the letter without my glasses.

I opened the letter and put my glasses on but the strange thing was my glasses seemed blurry all of sudden and when I took off my glasses I started to see the words somehow.

*Strange? Did the years of eating those nasty carrots work? I thought it was just a myth. My eyesight got better! My eyesight was the worst!*

Suddenly I remembered to focus on the letter and read it and this is what it says:

To the family,

I know that this may seem sudden, but I am leaving my precious daughter in your capable hands. I feel that she is now safe with this family and will have the care she needs as due to my situation, I could not take care of her.

This little girl means everything to me, she is beautiful and calming, I name her Aurora Rosella.

I know that one day, she will read this letter and ask about me, all I can write is that: Aurora, your Daddy, and I love you so much but it is not safe for you to be with us right now. I know you will grow up to be a magnificent woman and you will discover your path that may be filled with adventure.