Chapter 24 swimming lessons and bullies from the past (Edited)

Aurora's POV

Today was stressful for all of us to handle, so we went and sent Briar home first. Sonia told her mom what happened and her mom was furious at the clerk, all of our parents were as we told her what happened, especially Briar's mom.

She almost blew a fuse but her husband stopped her in time and spoke to her in private. Then they both thanked us for sending her back home and for being there with her.

Me and the girls walked back home and started talking. "Guys, I am so sorry I didn't help you guys stand up for Briar, makes me feel like a wimp."

"It's okay Aurora, not everyone can think quickly on what to do in that situation. You were also caught off guard and we didn't expect to have experienced this" said Sonia.

"Yeah, Aurora, don't feel bad about it." Said Kimi, smilling at me.

"So, I think we should change the subject now, Briar is with her family and we did as much as we could to help her don't you think?" Sonia asked and we all agreed with her.

After that, we went our separate ways and went back home. When I was walking back home, I grabbed my bag took the book out, and kept going through it until and read through 2 more elements which I already went through practically too like I did with water.

When I got home, I went to close the window until I heard a rustle in Ryder's room but the lights were off and I didn't see anything, so I chose to ignore it.

The next day

I went to school as normal, Ryder came back to school and he seemed happier than usual. I asked him what happened and he just told me that he had a family gathering and got his parents to email the school and get approval. I didn't know school could approve that but I am just happy that he's happy.

Ms Wilcox was .... Normal today but I noticed she kept going to my desk during the lesson and kept making a "HMPH" sound whenever she did. Kimi was still angry at her but she just remained calm. After school, Ryder asked if I wanted to walk home together but I told him I had something to do and he should go back home. He seemed kinda down when I said that.

*Why does he seem so down?*

I reached the school's indoor swimming pool and once I opened the door, I heard girls cheering. I looked at the swim team on the bleachers and they were looking at someone and then I saw him. Liam was doing laps and my goodness! He was swimming so fast! I didn't know the words to describe it. I was just standing near the entrance, just astounded by what I saw.

*I know he was on the swim team but... But.. I didn't know he was that good! *

After he finished his last lap he came up and suddenly everyone was screaming even louder and calling his name. Cheering him on!

Suddenly a coach came by and blew his whistle. "Okay swim team, enough practice for today, the pool is going to be closed. Now please leave." The swim team took their bags and some came to say goodbye to Liam.

*Closed? Then I think I better get out*

"Hey, you girl!" I turn around and look at the coach. "Yeah you, Liam is she the one?" Liam nodded smiling at me.

"It's okay, Liam asked me if I could open the pool so he can teach you with his little sister, Serena. So you are okay to stay in the pool gymnasium for your lesson." the coach said to me. "Liam message me when you are done okay, I have paperwork to do. Have fun" he then left us alone together.

I walk towards Liam "Wow, I thought Ryder was the popular one. You too huh?"

"Yeah, we just think it's annoying sometimes, and even though we like it at first it gets tiresome with them. You know?"