Chapter 12 How times have changed (Edited)

Ryder's POV

"Briar Anderson, you are under arrest!" said the police officer while holding Briar's shoulder.

Everyone was looking at the police officer, I looked at Aurora, she seemed shocked at the scene but the rest of us weren't.

"For having the best crepes ever!" said the officer while taking a bite of the crepe in her hand.

"Mom! You know you can't say that carelessly, it will cause a scene!" said Sonia looking at her mom.

Yes, Sonia's mom is a cop. I looked back at Aurora again and she looked relieved.

"I am so sorry sweetie but I can't help to see the look on other people's faces" She started to laugh

"I'll get a drink while you talk to your friend okay sweetie?" said Sonia's mom. Sonia just nodded.

"I need to apologize for that, she is a fun cop but takes her job seriously when needed. Okay, what were we talking about again?" Sonia asked

"The rumours?" Said Aurora

"Yeah, so for rumours like any high school will happen no matter what especially with a "scandal" like this about Ryder here. Once we step inside the school tomorrow, everyone will be talking about this, you know what sharks they are, they feed on being nosy. The rumour will spread."

"This is not going to go away, the girls at our school might go after Aurora because of this," Briar said. Sonia nodded

"Yeah, I don't think you are comforting her," I said, pointing to Aurora who seemed more terrified than when she saw Sonia's mom.

"Oh Aurora, we will protect you of course, especially Mikayla and Kimi, they won't let anyone harm you," Sonia said while both Sonia and Briar held Aurora's shoulder comforting her.

Sonia's Mom came back and sat next to Sonia and was in front of Aurora.

"Okay! I'm back!" said Sonia's mom. She suddenly faced Aurora and was silent for a moment.

"Um, who are you my dear?" she said with a gentle voice.

" This is Aurora, Mom I told you about her remember?" Sonia answered.

Sonia's mom is a Mythical creature too, she is a Mythix or the original Mythix as we call them. But people mistake them for witches. Mythix are Mythical creatures with some limited powers, every Mythical creature has one, Mythix does have some powers that make them but they do have limits too. They would somehow be called a witch became an insult that people use for people who are acting mean, so the council made sure that no one should ever use that word to describe anyone, especially the original Mythix. Some Mythical Creature's names were supposed to be changed but didn't.

"Hi Aurora, you are such a beautiful girl!" Sonia's mom said.

"Thank you," Aurora said

"Aurora, I wanted to ask you something, when is your birthday?" Sonia asked.

"December 1st" Aurora replied

"Really? Your birthday is on winter break?!" I asked.

"Your birthday is when there is no school! Cool." Sonia said

"Yeah"

"You seem so familiar to me, like I have seen you before, who are your parents, what are their names?" Sonia's mom asked.

"Um, James and Emily Rossi," Aurora replied.

"Oh, you are their child? I remember them, I haven't seen them for a long time. Well, it was nice to meet their daughter."