Chapter 36 The Burning Feeling (Edited)

Hi guys! so its been a while since my last chapter so this will give you lots of drama, be prepared!

I reached 1.4k the past few days and I would like to say thanks to all of you who have continued reading my story. love you all and I hope you like this special chapter

Now let the reading begin!

Ryder's POV

I felt bad for Aurora today, she didn't deserve all of this and it happens quite often. To be honest it was quite weird lately, strange things have been happening to the school and even in the packs recently. I know that most of the elderls don't accept me for my 'unfortunate' mixed background but there was something they weren't telling me and I needed to find out.

I went and asked someone I knew who had some answers but I could only meet him at the pack house since he was busy with work. I approached him when we were both alone in the pack house.

"Hi Kyle, man, how are you?" I said trying not to be too suspicious.

"What do you want Ryder?" he said looking restless.

"What?! I can't talk to my favourite cousin?" I grin at him

"Ryder, if you want to ask me something please just ask me. Don't beat around the bush." He said to me.

"Okay, why everyone is more secretive lately, especially the council? What's going on? And please don't leave anything out."

"Isn't' that better, asking me," he said patting my shoulder. "There is a rumour among the elders and adults that rogues have infiltrated the area, they are afraid that they might be encouraged and recruit others to go against the pack, it happened in a school nearby ours and what we heard the victim said to the council and leaders were "they were so nice and they were so friendly, I thought I could trust them.'Makes you think about who we really can trust right now."

"What about those kids that were recruited by them?" I asked them.

"Safe in their respective packs and families. Luckily their parents were sceptical about their whereabouts but they were shocked that their children's newfound friend was working with the rouges. Ryder, please be careful." He said to me.

"I know Kyle, ever since what the rouges almost did to Brooklyn... kidnapping her, I never trust rouges," I replied to him. I know why he wants me to be so careful but also I know he doesn't want me to be even near them.

Rouges are werepeople who go against the society that is in the Mythical Kingdom, they want to overthrow our leaders and think they could do better. There were even rumours that rogues were the ones that killed Queen Isabella and her daughter that night but there was no evidence that they did. No dust, no prints, nothing, it was like Queen Isabella vanished.

I don't hate rouge cubs, they don't know better but I do hate grown rogues. Especially the ones that tried to take away Brooklyn from us. I still remember that day clearly as if it was still fresh in my mind, me and Brooklyn were just playing in the woods happily. We played adventure games to see who was more daring enough to do tasks such as climbing trees, running fast, racing, playing around and jumping.

That evening when the sun was about to go down, I asked Brooklyn to come back home quickly as it was getting dark. She said I was chicken because I was afraid of the dark, but I wish that I would have been stronger and more mature to pull her out of the forest instead I just kept arguing with her like a child even though I was.

A bunch of rouges such as werepeople and other Mythical creatures came out of the bushes and we were both caught off guard i was only 10 that day and Brooklyn was 9, i was too weak to hold them off and one of the rogues used a plant to paralyse me while I see my little sister be taken away from me, I cried and cried asking, begging them not to take her. They just laughed at me.