Chapter 23 Teachers, swimsuits and theft? (Edited)

Aurora POV

That night, Mom let us keep our pets and seemed cool about the whole thing. Most times she would have lectured us on this, I think because we were growing up she started being softer on us.

I finished putting all of Rosaleen's stuff around my room and put her food and kitty litter in the kitchen. I saw her immediately cuddled up in the new bed that was next to my bed. She looked so comfortable, I gave her food and the kitty litter was all ready to go if she needed to..... Well, go do her business?

"Now I need to know what I am going to do with that book, should I bring it to school and read it in peace?

* Kind of notice it now that it is a rather big thick book but I think I can bring it to school. And it isn't that huge, I think it is enough to fit in my bag.*

So I decided to put it in my bag but not until I figured out what happened just now, can I bend water? I went downstairs grabbed a cup of water and tried to do what I did in my room previously before I went out with the girls. I looked at the water and nothing.

"Wait, I know I saw that water float in the air. What did I do wrong?" I said while turning the first page and noticed that it said I had to imagine water and concentrate. So I looked at the cup and imagined the water flowing up in the air, the cup did shake a bit and I just let my imagination go free and just a few seconds later the water floated up in the air like before and I started playing around with it.

I went back to the book and it says to try a larger amount of water, which means to connect with the element. I filled my bath with water and I tried to think deeply, which made me think of the deep sea it made me think too much and I started getting hysterical.

*Deep sea, cold sea, like the Titanic. Where people drown and die. Okay scratch that maybe think about the pool, yeah the pool is easier to imagine. Swimming in the pool, haven't done that in a while. swimming, just keep swimming..... Then what happens when you get stuck on something or the panel that covers the pool closed on me like in that movie and the water suddenly went u.....*

I levitated a large amount of water just so that my mind got the better of me and it exploded. "Okay, I need help....." I started thinking of someone who could help me get over my fear of drowning or even the water itself. I know someone. "Liam! He can teach me to swim, he offered anyway. I need to buy a swimsuit." I started calling Mikayla and the girls if they were available to go shopping after school.

Mikayla was busy with 'family things' as she put it but the rest were available. At that moment when I read their text, I noticed how fast and far I had gone from a shy girl who preferred her bed then face the world to a girl who had friends to spend time with in this world.

" I have changed a lot since I met ..."

A flashback of Ryder came to me, of him smiling at me, always making sure I was okay during that incident, and his family when he sent me home.

"You look really beautiful.....umm I mean your new look it looks nice"

I started to blush uncontrollably jumped on my bed and covered my face with the pillow to just stop that memory of him saying that to me. I couldn't stop smiling! Which made me realize something.

I said softly to myself with wide eyes "Do ..Do.. I have a crush on Ryder Hunter?"

The next day

I came to school and I brought the book with me. When I reached my locker, I was thinking about how to ask Liam to give me swimming lessons and also thinking about my crush on Ryder Hunter.

"Hi, Aurora!" I slammed my locker again.

*I think I am going to break this locker if I keep slamming like this*