Chapter 4 The Dream (Edited)

Please Support my writing on my Patreon and Kofi-in a jar page, link for one and the Patreon page name in my profile page:

https://ko-fi.com/ainiwrites

https://www.patreon.com/Ainiwrites

"My darling girl, you will be safe here away from them, they will think you are gone but you will be safe and you will come back to your roots and to me. One day we'll be together. For now, I will give every last strength I have for you to fit in." the woman whispers to the baby that she was carrying. "I will always be with you."

Then there was a sudden cloud of darkness that came over. And a baby started screaming...

"AHH!" I woke up screaming while trying to catch my breath, inhaling deeply.

I literally screamed until my whole family woke up!  we had quite thin walls and I then heard footsteps quickly approaching my room and i also heard someone knocking on my door.

"Aurora are you okay?" Dad asked me with a worried tone in his voice from outside of my bedroom door.

I couldn't reply, I can't even breathe properly. Why can't I talk?

My dad busts the door open and he quickly runs to my side with mom, my brothers came rushing in after that.

My Mom hugs me and pulls me closer to her while I'm still catching my breath.

"Auri, my baby girl, what happen?" asked mom as she looked at me with a worried expression on her face.

Shakingly I said " I don't know, it was a bad dream I guess, but it seems so real"

My mom signals Alex to get me water and Nick went and sit on my bed "what was it about?" he asked me curiously.

"I.....I don't know." I said sobbing.

I felt my mom flinch, I look up at her and she looked at my dad, Alex came in to give me my water and saw my parents looking at each other.

"What happen" Alex asked.

"Nothing, your sister just had a nightmare, Auri we are going to keep the lights on and the door open, if this happens again please wake us up okay?" said mom and I nodded.

"Mom, what about we just sleep here with her? we can take the old mattress and sleep on the floor," said Josh pointing at my other brothers.

"I think that is a good idea" Dad smiled and so did mom.

"Sweet Dreams Princess," said dad kissing my forehead and mom patting my back before they left the room.

"You can't just stop giving us trouble huh, Auri" said Alex while he pats my head.

"Well, you don't have to stay if you  don't want to! Neither of you have to! I am not a baby anymore!" I raised my voice at them angrily.

Nick sighed "Auri, like it or not we need to take care of you, we are worried for you."

"Yeah, we don't want anything bad to happen to you, like what happened the last tim....." said josh

I stopped him and screamed "It won't happen again, okay"

"Stop shouting already, we just want to make sure that you are okay and besides we needed a brother-sister moment anyway, like we used to have when we were younger," said Alex

"Fine, I'm sorry for shouting, I just don't like anyone to mention that day," I said while looking down at my bedsheet.

"It is okay Auri, we won't mention it if you don't want to," said Josh while going out of the room with the rest of my brothers taking as they took out the mattress which was still new and put it on the floor next to my bed. "Auri, we will always be there for you as a family"