Chapter 40

Hi guys! so i was really excited in posting this chapter that i couldn't wait. so this chapter maybe a little shorter than the rest but i hope you guys love it !

Now on with the story!

Penelope's POV

There I was, in the meeting room listening to my parents and grandparents' conversation of what happened recently. The power, the Aura, my cousin. It was spread through the whole mystic realm and even the Crystal of Hope felt her power, one question was still ringing in my mind: where is she now?

"Henry, I don't believe this!" my grandmother cried as she tried her best to hold her tears but failed. "After all these years? Aurora is alive?!"

*Aurora? That's her name?*

"And from what we felt, her powers have not weakened at all but 16 years ago, any trace or signs of our family power was never detected. How is this even possible?" asked grandfather.

"Well, Isa cast a spell to lock Aurora's powers until she turns 16." mom manifested the letter to her hand and gave it to grandmother. "The letter was left at Isa's study, you know the one with an orb in it that was glowing. She said she didn't want the enemy to take her so she sent her to a place where Aurora is kept safe. So since it's impossible for us not to feel her powers for all these years, that means the safe place Isa put her in was-" mom was cut off.

"In the human realm...." grandmother said with tears in her eyes while grandfather tried to stabilize her.

"Yeah...." mom had tears running down her face as well and dad held her close while rubbing her back.

Suddenly grandmother gasped. "EMILY! We can form a search party to find Aurora and maybe we will find Emily and she'll help us too." With those words I saw my mother's face turn sad like she has the look of regret all over her face.

What was strange about the conversation is that I have heard of Emily before but every time it was brought up, mom would change the subject quickly. Makes me wonder who is Emily and why mom is uncomfortable talking about her.

Suddenly, mom started smiling. "Yeah, mother, I think we should form one and bring both of them home."

Grandmother started smiling back at mom. "It's great that you agree, remember it wasn't your fault that she lost contact with us, you were just upset. I understand I should have talked to you both back then but Isa...." she sighed. " Isa just disappeared and my mind wasn't thinking straight. So I hope when you both meet each other again, you both could make amends?"

"Sure mother, I will make amends with her. I miss her too."

"I don't think it's a great idea to find her darling." said Grandfather and all of them looked at him in confusion and shock.

"WHY?! Don't you want to find them both?" Grandmother yelled at him.

"Listen, darling, Isa took a lot of effort to hide Aurora from the enemy that made our daughter disappear and they haven't been found or caught yet. If we were to form a search party, they will know that she is alive as well. She will be more in danger than ever and Isa's effort would be at a loss."

All their faces went back to sadness again. "You are right Henry, so maybe we can find her with the help of the other leaders. Oh maybe the ones that are close to Isa and Emily when they were in high school. Queen Stella of the werewolves and Queen Aiko of the dragon race." said Grandmother with hope in her eyes.

"Yes, that is a great idea mother. Next week i will schedule a meeting with them and we will discuss it." Said mom

*NEXT WEEK?! That is way too long!*