Chapter 49

Hey guys! I finally got something writing done, and thank you guys for your patience and understanding for my lateness in writing my chapters. 

Hopefully, you guys would like this new chapter of Aurora of the Phoenix! 

Now on with the story!

Rebecca's POV - Back at the Enchanted Realm Castle

"I am Aunt Isa's and Uncle Toni's lost daughter?!" said Aurora as she started looking closely at her reflection. "I am the princess of the Mystic Realm?!"

I smiled at the fact that my niece Aurora finally figured it out on her own. I was in Isa's study at the back of the castle's library. I was looking at Aurora through the crystal ball in the middle of the room.

I sighed in relief. "Finally you found out my sweet beautiful little niece, you are one step closer to coming back home to the Mystic Realm. The whole realm is waiting for your return and maybe with your return, the realm might return back to normal again like it used to be."

"Like it used to be? What do you mean by that sweetheart?" said a voice behind me. I turned back and saw mother at the door walking towards me with a worried expression on her face. "What do you mean by 'like it used to be?' Rebecca? Please tell me."

"It's nothing!" I said loudly but then lowered my voice. "I mean, it's nothing. Sorry mother for yelling."

"It's okay sweetheart but Rebecca, what do you mean by that? Please tell me, I am your mother. You can tell me and vent to me about anything. Please Rebecca." Mom said and pleaded while holding my cheek with her hand.

"Well, mother, I think you know what I mean by that because when Isa was crown princess, everyone looked up to her, everyone adored her and they all loved her." I said with tears in my eyes remembering my dear sister.

"Everyone looked up, adored and loved you too sweetheart."

"No they don't." I shook my head. "Not like how they loved and adored Isa, she was incredible, mom and I feel like I cannot follow up to her standards like everyone expects me to."

Mom then started sitting on the chair next to the desk and looked up at me and sighed. "Please elaborate what you mean by that sweetheart."

I took a deep breath and started pacing around the room. "Isa made a pathway to a new generation of Mystics! She did that by falling in love and marrying a human man in the human world. She literally made everyone who married a human feel like there is hope for them not to be judged. Not only for Mystics who married humans but also for other Mystics besides their own creatures. I was ignorant and even judged them for their decision. But Isa...... Isa didn't, not even once."

"Rebecca, that is not true! Your sister is not perfect, she did judge them at one point but........"Mom paused. "Remember the cook that we had, who always was close to Isa because he always kept letting her in the kitchen cooking and baking with her?

"Yes?"

"Well, he went to the human world one day and fell in love and married a human woman. At first your sister was shocked and didn't know what to say but in the end she told me that she understood what was going on and understood the love that the cook had for the woman."

"So Isa did judge the halfers?"

Mom sighed again. "Yes, but she has always been an open minded girl, so when she found out that the cost of marrying a human is to live in the human world permanently. Your sister was angry at me and your father, she literally screamed and cried because she said it was unfair and that is the reason why when she got older and started getting invested in royal duties. She wanted to make change for everyone, for everyone who has fallen for a human and married them."