Chapter 26 The Family Book (Edited)

Aurora's POV

There I was, in a mansion, holding a ring box with a huge diamond ring in it. It was gorgeous!. The diamond is shaped like a heart with small diamonds around the gold band.

"Wow, this is beautiful Abuela....." I gulped. "And fancy" I was not the only one shocked, Mom was shocked too.

"Ms Lydia is that... I mean wouldn't he mind that you -" Mom was cut off.

"No, I know he won't mind me giving it to her because he gave it to me to give it to Aurora." she looked at me. "And Emily, it is mom to you, you have been in our family for years. You are also counted as my daughter"

Aunt Sofia came into the room with Mikayla and she was holding a little toddler in her arms. "What are we talking about?" she asked. She looked at me and was shocked to see what I was holding.

"Is that?! Mom, I don't think Toni would appreciate you going through his stuff" Aunt Sofia said.

"Uncle Toni?" said the little boy Aunt Sofia who looked like he woke up from a nap, turns out that is Mikayla's little brother.

She patted the little boy's back. "No, no Nathan, Uncle Toni is still away, go back to sleep." Then he dozed back to sleep.

* So I have another cousin*

"Like I told Emily, I know that he won't mind parting from it because he asked me to give it to Aurora, plus it will still stay in the family."

Mikayla came to me and hugged me. "Glad you came, and wow, Abuela gave you Aunt Isabella's engagement ring" she exclaimed

*Aunt Isabella? Why does that sound familiar?*

"Aunt Isabella?" Nick asks instead.

"Uhhh... yeah, Aunt Isabella was our uncle Toni's late wife, this was her ring."

*Her Ring?! why?!" I thought to myself looking scared.

"Come here, sweetie." Grandma gestured to me to sit next to her. "And you all can go to the dining room as dinner is ready, I want to talk to Aurora." They looked at each other for a moment and then went to the dining room.

I sat next to Grandma, she looked back to make sure everyone left the room. " I know this seems a little awkward for me to give you her ring. But this ring is special to our family and special to your mom, you see...." I saw that she was tearing up and trying to hold it in. "Okay, I am going to try to make it short because your uncle can tell it better. Your Aunt Isabella was a special woman in your Uncle Toni's life, she was his first love, his first everything. He loved that woman with his life"

"and they were supposed to get married after high school but, they got married after homecoming and I found out that they were going to have a child, just like how your mom had your brothers- I mean you and your- "

"Abuela, I know I am adopted, mom kinda told me," I said to her

She sighed in relief. "That secret was really difficult to hold in, I don't ever want to lie to you kids, and now that you know that, it will never change anything. your father was adopted into our family and we love him as much"

"Wait, what?! Dad is adopted?"

"So, you didn't know? Oh,¿Por qué nadie quiere decirme cuál es el secreto que tengo que guardar y revelar?(Why does nobody want to tell me what is the secret that I have to keep and reveal?)" she started to get frustrated. "That, you have to ask your dad okay? But continuing the story, your uncle loves his wife a lot until the day he held his daughter, coincidentally, she was named Aurora too, but one night, someone broke into the house and your Aunt Isabella took the baby and ran because they were after her and after that your uncle searched all night for his wife and their child and all he found was this ring in the dirt, he was crushed, he lost both his wife and daughter that night, he changes a lot and become depressed at one point."