3 - FLASHBACK

I am Haruki Sakura.

A business woman at my mid 20's and definitely a self-centered woman. I always do things that will benefit me than the latter.

Being use?

I don't give them the chance to do so.

I was 8 years old when I found out how messed up our family. My father always come home drunk and wasted every night, then beat up my mom to death, while my mom worked her ass off to support me yet my dad spend the money she earn to casinos. We end up with nothing.

I quit school because my mom was devastated and can no longer support me.

It took me up for 2 years trying to protect my mother. I work at a very young age, selling flowers and cigarettes on streets, doing our neighbor's laundry, cleaning someone's houses, and being a pet caretaker. When my mom was left with nothing, I gave her all the money I earn.

It also took 2 years for my mother to give up. One day, she was gone and left me.

I was happy for her. It's hard for me, always seeing her endure with bruises on her body, and tears staining her beautiful face.

But when she left, I took up her place. My dad beat me up to death, releasing his frustration of being left by mom to me. I took all the bruises, tears, pain and my father accidentally cut my face with a knife while doing so.

I live my life full of scars and every year I grew up, my responsibilities and work increases.

By the time my father die, not even a single tear full from my eyes. I felt nothing but relief.

My suffering is done. Finally.

Yet, I didn't know it doesn't end there. My real father came, claiming me as his only daughter. He is filthy rich, owning a big corporation and an investor to some of the few companies. I undergo plastic surgery to fix the scar on my face and I came back studying. Then I thought my life are  becoming better and better by his side but I was wrong.

He had a dark side, he owns dark business especially human trafficking.

Every night, he always brings different unknown woman in our house. I end up covering my ears when they are doing something on the other room until I get used to it. Just barely if not by the creation of headphones.

He was also cold and stoic. He was emotionless every time I see him.

When I reach the age of 16, my legal father send me to a military training. When I came back, I become an expert in different kinds of martial arts, then when I become an 18 years old, he died by a car accident.

I had no choice by then but to take over his business, not including the dark one's. I sold it by the way to the authorities without staining my father's name. How? Maybe some other time.

I was also tricked many times as I ran the corporation in my very young age until one day, I lose trust of people around me and become good at building the business corporation. I become a self-centered woman with a lot of schemes in my sleeves.

I played all the male opponents in my hands then trample their companies.

It takes 1 meter away of self-control to this innate sickness of handsome gorgeous man. In a business corporation, most of the heirs are in a high level when it comes to appearance. I played with their hearts but in return, I suffered this nose bleed after. Good thing, I learn to control. You can call me a control freak by the way.

I never know by then that I gain a strong distrust to most of the men.

I thought it change when I met him. My fiancé, Christian.

But he cheated on me with my best friend.

An irony.

It seems love didn't even come to save this corrupted soul of mine.