25 - MY ROSE

The maids bowing their heads not even meeting the Duke's eyes for they will only feel pity towards him.

When the young lady was gone, his father Duke Frederick went on a rampage breaking all the antiques and flower bases that has been in display.

It was such a frightening sight.

Although things have calmed down, the Duke is still sulking in his office, staring at the letter in his hands.

Reading it.

Repeatedly reading it.

The Duke can't believe how his daughter who promise not to leave him actually done the opposite thing.

Why?

He keep on asking himself.

What could be lacking with his love?

I will be back.

But as he stare at the four words hanging on the last part of the letter, he can't help but feel hopeful.

He just need to have faith with her.

She'll come back to me. Definitely coming back.

I just have to make sure, she won't leave again by the time she return to me.

Maybe she felt lonely because she's my only child. She don't have any siblings she can be with.

With this reason, the Duke have decided and that is...

To adopt a child to be a part of their family.

My sweet little Freschia, you won’t be alone anymore by the time you came back.

You will have a brother to look up into.

The Duke didn't know that the child he was going to adopt is one of the capture targets, her daughter didn't want to meet.

🌺🌺🌺

BACK TO FRESCHIA'S POV

I glance at my dark surroundings and I felt the chills run down my spine.

A lot of pair of red eyes glaring at me in the dark.

Dogs?

No.

Where can you see a lot of dogs with red glaring eyes?

Probably in this forest only. Which means that, this creature is another type of monster taking a form of a wolf or perhaps a dog.

I move my hand slowly, gripping the dagger but my little movements was caught.

I dug my head on time when one creature suddenly pounce on me.

I swing my dagger and I can feel my weapon slice with something, and wet liquid splutter against my face.

I cussed again before running my way out  of nowhere as I can't see my surroundings.

The creatures chasing after me.

Please I hope, I won't be hit by the tree blocking my path this time.

But my wish wasn't granted as I fall in the bodies of water instead.

🌺🌺🌺

"Your master, we lose sight of the young Lady Golldaway."

"How?"

"On of our men, last saw her entering the Forest of Despair."

"Eh. The home of monsters. Why would she go in there?"

"I apologize. We didn't know the reason."

"It's fine. My fiance is really like this flower."

Lucian raise the single rose he was holding.

His right hand man with a code name Phoenix notice how his master was now fond of flowers especially the roses.

(A/N: It's the same man, lucian was having conversation with in the last chapter specifically Chapter 23. I decide to gave his trusted man, a name.)

"Fiancé?"

Phoenix was astonished.

This young master of him...

Phoenix didn't know that his royal highness can be shameless.

"Not for now but she will be. You know why I compared her to this flower?"

"No idea, young master."

Lucian grins.

"Because she is really like one. Beautiful and enthralling but have thorns at the same time.

An underlying strength...

A wall of defense."

Phoenix frown.

"I see. The young master can also be a poet."

"Pft."

Lucian chuckle but his face become serious later on.

"Any information about his majesty?"

"He was in rage, your highness."

Phoenix shifted the title address, from young Master to royal highness because they are now talking some matters about the palace with the exception of assassination plan of course.

"He thought that, the disappearance of the young miss of Golldaway was intentionally planned by the Duke himself, to get away from his control."

"Eeh..."

Lucian grin.

Phoenix know that the royal highness was satisfied with the information.

"You can go now."

The man bowed before turning his back to leave, closing the door silently.

Lucian averted his eyes back to the single rose he was holding with lingering gaze.

Good step of action, Freschia but...

Come back soon, my rose or I'll be tired of waiting and come for you myself.