58 - GAME 1

"Queen Mother, do we really need to do this?"

The old woman turns around and looks to his son, Cyrus, the Emperor of Soliel.

"Yes.

If what you said the other day is actually true, we have to know.

And there's no other choice in knowing.

Unless..."

The Emperor pondered his thoughts before agreeing.

Yeah, there's no other way to know but to let her do that kind of terrible test.

🌺🌺🌺

"Freschia what's going on?"

I stepped back and maintained my gaze.

"Just answer me. Where. Did. You. Learn. That. Song?"

I emphasize each word so he will understand how serious I am right now.

He stared back at me, his eyes were evident with confusion.

"I didn't know."

It's been three days now since the last time we talked and his answer at that time still confuses me.

I haven't seen him till then.

The only thing I know is that he was sick and currently suffering from fever.

Unlike me, who doesn't catch a cold even a bit.

Tsk.How can he be so weak?

Honestly, I wanted to enter his room and asked him again.

His answer that day wasn't satisfying enough for me.

But for a reason, the palace maids keep me away and they are hostile towards me.

I really don't know.

"Little lady, the Empress Dowager wants you to visit her royal chamber."

The head palace maid approached me to say those words, making me frown for a moment before I asked her to lead me the way.

🌺🌺🌺

"Greetings to you, queen mother of the empire."

I slightly bowed my head, not meeting her eyes.

"Come here."

I heaved a sigh, showing my confident smile, I approached her and sat at the opposite table facing her.

"Do you know how to play chess?"

"I did."

"Good. You can be my opponent then."

Our chess pieces are now arranged for us to use. She holds the black pieces, and I have the white.

I look at the chess pieces and raise my rook.

"I'll be rude again if I come first, can I? I'll do you the honor of letting you be the one to move first, your majesty."

I noticed how she frowned at my statements, and I just smiled at her to show my sincerity.

In fact, I just only want to see her strategy.

Her game play, that is.

"Do you know that being good at playing chess makes you a good strategist?"

She smiled and moved her pawn.

"Yeah. No doubt about that, your majesty because a chess board resembles an actual war."