9 - PLEDGE

[WARNING AHEAD...]

I played the dagger in my hands as these two people staring at me, shivering.

Hmmm... They should be.

"Did you tell anyone about what you knew?"

"N-No. M-My lady."

"Our lips is sealed."

Both of them replied at the same time.I slowly stand up from my seat, rounding them like a hungry predator.

"Do you think I'll believe you? If I found out you're lying, are you willing to pay it with your life?"

I whispered. Anna starts to cry while the coachman starts to tremble.

I smile seeing their reaction.

The coachman scream when I stab his palm with my dagger and pulled it out quickly before I went back to my seat.

"Coachman, Ben. Tsk..tsk. You lied to me. You told your fellow coachman about what happen the other day, but I'll be considerate enough.

After all, you didn't revealed my name.

If you did that time, this dagger would not have stab just your palm, but your chest instead."

Ben whimpers, trying hard to endure the pain.

"Anna, you recently work for the Duke to pay your family debts being left by your incompetent father. If you failed to pay the amount with interest for 3 months. You'll be forced to marry the merchant whose age are enough to be called your grandpa."

"You, coachman Ben. A loving father and husband, but your wife died due to an illness. Your two daughters being sold to slavery. Since then, you worked hard to earn money to get them back."

I watch their reaction. Anna was dumbfounded while Ben started to cry uncontrollably.

Silence filled the room but not for long when I broke it.

"I'll help the two of you."

Both of them raise their heads at the same time.

"Loyalty. All I need is your loyalty to me, includes keeping everything you saw that day."

I slowly stand up from my seat.

"I'll give you time to decide. Make sure it won't be long though or I'll decide to do things my way. And I'll tell you it won't be good."

I smile menacingly before leaving, George following behind me, maintaining his distance.

"Milady, can you really kill them if they failed your expectations?"

"Who knows."

I smirk and answered vaguely. I can sense how shocked and astonished he was with my actions back then inside the room.

Remembering my dream, that is the best solution. As long as I can, I'll avoid staining my hands with blood.

This is one of the things I learn in running the business corporation.

To gain trust...

Show your strength, give punishment if they do wrong, before giving rewards.

"Besides, I'm certain they won't reject that offer."

"I think so. It sounds more like a reward to me."

This time, I halt and turned to him.

"George. My clueless, innocent knight."

Seeing how his Adam's apple move with anxiety, I resist the urge to laugh.

Cute.

"It's not a reward. It is more on like a business deal."

"B-Business D-Deal? What is that?"

"I'm a merchant. Instead of buying goods, I'm buying their full loyalty. It's a pledge, George."

He stare at me, dumbfounded.

"I know I'm very beautiful. You don't have to make it so obvious."

With this, he smile and shake his head. I felt something drip from my nose.

"Milady, are you okey."

"I-I'm fine."

I accepted the handkerchief he held towards me.

"I didn't know, your smile is quite dangerous. What a cheat."

Hearing my complains, he laugh.

Tsk.

"MY LADY!"

The head maid approached me hastily, her face so bright with excitement.

"Lady, this letter arrived from the Duke House of Flair."

I accepted the letter.

"Hmmm. A tea party hosted by Lady Wendy. Whose wendy?"

Both of them fake a cough.

"She is the daughter of Duke Hernan Flair and Duchess Triana Flair."

"Ouh. I thought there is only one Duke of this kingdom of Eliora."

(A/N: I forgot to mention, Eliora is the name of the Kingdom. Silly me.😅😅😅)

Both of them coughed again.

Oh Come On! I just didn't know okey. Why do they act like I am so ignorant?

"Actually my lady, our kingdom was blessed with two titles of Duke. The kingdom was in the north, the east and west territories of Eliora have dukes protecting the territory. While the south territory was protected by the family of Royal General. The east is the territory protected by the Duke of Golddaway, your family my lady."

Ahhh. Guess I'm really clueless after all.

I stare at the invitation letter in my hands.

Tea party huh.

"Send a reply that I'll go."

Might as well meet this Lady Wendy.