40 - UNEXPECTED SPOKESPERSON

Everyone inside the drawing room was all curious of this sudden appointment being filed in by Pretoria's new appointed ruler.

They didn't know that Alexander himself didn't make it official yet, so they only speculate that it was the case already.

They exchange opinions within themselves, their voices were muffled in the whole room.

A male servant gets their attention by saying the person they are waiting for has just arrived.

All the merchants stood up, expecting a great person to appear only to be utterly disappointed when an adorable young girl welcomed their vision at the sudden opening of the door.

This child was specifically Freschia herself.

There are three people accompanying her. Two were old enough to be considered in their 40's while the other one is a teenager.

Perhaps one of those men in their 40's right?

The merchants thought of this while looking at the people who just arrived.

But their eyes widened with great surprise and astonishment when the young girl directly stood in front of them.

"All may take your seat."

She said in a commanding voice that it was filled with a tremendous domineering tone.

The people inside wear an agape expression for a while, before one of them spoke his concerns.

"May I know who his majesty is?"

His eyes were directed to the two older men on the child's back.

"The majesty can't come. He was occupied at the moment."

The young girl replied, earning a snort from the man.

"You're only a child and supposed to be NOT allowed in here. This is an important adult discussion, not specific for a child like yourself."

Freschia heard the ticking sound made by the two adults on her back namely Xinlan and Yen.

It's obvious they don't have great expectations about her.

Well, who wouldn't be?

Even if she was claimed to be Alexander's daughter...

That shameless man to be a future official ruler...

Still it was doubtful that a 6 year old child like her will be able to bend these people to accept the Kingdom's proposal.

Freschia ignore the insult and directly answered the certain man.

"I have all the rights to be here."

"And why is that?"

Another one spoke.

Freschia's lips curve upwards.

"It's because I am the king's representative of this appointment.

Or should I say...

His spokesperson?"

With this, the crowd gasped and erupted in a serious disapproval.

FRESCHIA'S POV

Tsk...

This is really too bothersome but...

Whatever.

I still need to do this.

"This is a clear insult to the Organization Trade. Sending a child to be the spokesperson himself, is the most foolishness I ever heard and witnessed."

"Well, there's a first time for everything."

All the people inside, glared at me as I spoke with nonchalance.

"THIS IS ABSURD!"

One of them yelled, and I averted my eyes to the other man's direction.

I stare at him with a sharp glint in my eyes.

"You are the one being absurd, Sir."

"W-WHAT?! AND YOU DARE TA--"

"Yes, I dare."

I abruptly stopped what he was supposed to say.

"I AM HERE IN FRONT OF YOU, NOT AS A CHILD BUT THE PRETORIA'S KINGDOM SPOKESPERSON AND REPRESENTATIVE.

SO TREAT ME AS ONE."

I emphasize everything with my calm yet loud voice.

"IF YOU CALL THIS OCCURRENCE VERY ABSURD...

WITHOUT GIVING THIS SPOKESPERSON A CHANCE TO SAY THE KINGDOM'S PROPOSAL..."

I chuckled darkly.

"THEN CAN I CONSIDERED YOU ALL, MOCKING HIS MAJESTY'S DECISION?

AFTER ALL, HE CHOSE ME TO BE HERE."

I look around, making sure my sight falls to everyone of them.

The huge drawing room was filled with awkward silence.

After all, the Organization is inferior enough to a kingdom's ruler.

This time, my voice was back to its original tone.

"You are very welcome to leave, right after you hear everything this representative would like to say.

That is if it won't interest you."

Seconds later, another one of the crowd spoke. This time, it was an old man.

"Then you may start now, Pretoria's Spokesperson."

With this queue, I smiled before walking my way to the center of the crowd.

"Everyone, thank you for gathering here today. The first meeting will finally commence."

[ The merchants scrutinized the young girl and were secretly astonished again by how professional she sounded. ]

"First of all, I'd like to address your awareness of the Kingdom of Pretoria's Economic Situation.

You already knew the fact that this kingdom is subjected to slavery recently for the past years and have fallen out, when it comes to the territory's stability.

The main reason?

Because of the poor management of the resources."

The merchant's ears perked up, wondering where this situation leads to.

"Some weeks ago, we conducted a thorough inspection of the whole kingdom's territory and I'm proud to say that...

This kingdom is abundant with natural resources."

To prove my point, I called some people outside and four palace maids intruded inside the huge hall carrying things covered with white cloth.