38 - HIS DAUGHTER

(A/N: This chapter is dedicated to all of my solid commentators, specifically ForestBunny666, IvoryValentia, tapoicanoacai, CallMeHollow9, Amilia343, mumtazazzahra417, Cupidmomo16 and whydouyouloveme. Thank you so much for the fun comments and support.

I really2X appreciate it to a highest degree. 🙂☺️❤️

It's a sad thing, I don't know how to put a standard dedication here in wattpad. And even if I knew, I can't still do it for I am using only my mobile phone. Please bear with me... )

---

The citizens of Pretoria are taking their time building and fixing their home. Some spend their time with the family or their loved one's.

On the other hand, the palace itself becomes busy for the next few days.

"Without the confiscated properties and the retrieve money from the executed nobles who commit corruption and treason, the royal treasury is surprisingly empty.

The kingdom of Pretoria is doomed to poverty." 

"So we need to raise some funds."

Alexander's voice echoed in the room. 

"That is right, your majesty. Our kingdom is known for our weaponry products infused with the monster's core. 

But due to the fact that monsters coming out from the Forest of Despair itself happens on a very rare occasion,

Our production drops very low and we can't sustain the demand of the market, even if we have a skillful group of blacksmiths."

"How about food exports?"

"The same case happens as the food exports, your highness. 

Mangoes and Pineapple are the most in demand fruits all out of the other kingdoms. 

But because our location is very inferior, unable to reach the other end kingdoms, the Kingdom of Norin becomes the sole supplier as they are located in the middle part of other kingdoms. 

Aside from that, they also sell the same products. By sense, they will clearly pick the suppliers with a nearby location."

I cross my arms while listening to the discussion.

"I see. How about the fishing market?"

"We earn much of that area before your majesty, but because the Soliel Empire increased the sea port taxes, the kingdom is unable to keep up with the changes, till King Guwen decide to stop it."

"Soliel Empire… Maybe this is one of their schemes. Which means, they plan to expand their territory all along by conquering our land."

"We're thinking the same thing, your majesty."

"Okay, tomorrow we're going to have an inspection schedule. Meeting adjourned."

The door burst open as I hid behind it. Group of people walk their way out, leaving.

"How long will you stand behind that door?"

I stop on my tracks before turning my head. I walk my way inside and sit at the end of the room.

"Why haven't you used the throne room yet? After all, you're acting as a ruler."

I seriously asked trying to mask my intention of irritating him.

"You annoying brat."

I laugh loudly when he throws me the thick book near him which I effortlessly catch by the way. 

"Leave, if you don't want to say anything else."

"Let me come with you for tomorrow." 

"Why?"

He eyed me suspiciously. 

"I just want to walk around the whole kingdom's territory. Also, to have time getting away from those Soliel's guards. What's wrong with that?"

"Beats me. I don't know what you're thinking." 

"Just agree. Who knows, I might be able to help you."

He lifted his head and directly stared at me. I give him my most charming smile.

🌺🌺🌺

"Just like what you said, I picked some people to be our escort for today. This is Khan, he is the son of Count Mercid. He is  one of the intelligent fellow who likes to read books.

I hope he will be of help." 

"We'll soon know."

I said as I watch Khan's lips curve upwards with a mocking expression.

"If I were you, stop insulting her just because she is child."

"What?" 

Alexander whispered in his ear which is very loud by the way, to be considered as a whisper.

"This two people are my subordinates, Xinlan and Yen. They are one of the aristocrats who help the rebellion and who I trust to filled some of the nobles position."

The two look at me with an obvious disdain, causing me to smirk.

I was used already seeing their faces everytime I went to Alexander's office.

"This child.. 

If I'm not mistaken, she is the rude one who keeps on barging inside to your office, your majesty."

"Why did you let her do that kind of rude behavior? She must be punished."

I smile to both of them.

"I can't. She is my daughter." 

The two quickly shut up and all of their eyes widen, including mine.

W-WHAT? 

WHEN DID I BECOME SOMEONE ELSE'S DAUGHTER?