34 - NEGOTIATION

(A/N: This chapter is dedicated to CallMeHollow9. Thank you so much for the grammar critique. ☺️❤️ You're amazing. 👍)

-----

I stare silently, waiting for him to start a conversation but I think he won't do it anytime soon.

"Do you hate my companion for killing your father's only brother?"

I asked.

That's the only sensible reason I can think of why I am here. Like a crime witness, facing the questioning of a lawyer.

The handsome man in his late 20's smiled at me, yet I'm not affected that much as long as he will maintain a certain 1 meter distance.

(A/N: That's good Freschia, COVID 1 meter distancing. Hahaha...)

He is Prince Alexander Bush, the 2nd. The new appointed ruler of Pretoria Kingdom.

"You mean, King Guwen? He didn't kill him."

I frown.

"What? But I thought..."

"The people did it on their own, crucifying him to a death sentence by guillotine.

Some of the knights were also alive but they are already disabled. The dead knights are the one's who also committed huge crimes in secret."

"You mean my companion-"

"Yes, he just eliminated the right people. Maybe because he already knew."

"And why I am here again?"

"You'll soon know."

I have a bad feeling about this.

My guts were proven right when seconds later, two noticeable people entered the room, accompanied by their 5 knights while the others remain outside.

They both have the same hair color which is sky blue. The first one is in his mid 30s wearing a crown and look very regal.

He is very handsome and

HOOOOOT....

You know the kind of person, who can make you swoon while salivating just by staring.

Unconsciously, blood drip from my nose and I quickly wipe it away before anyone see my embarrassing situation.

But I froze...

Seeing the familiar young man with him, staring at me.

Our eyes glued with each other for a moment.

Then I saw how his kissable lips curve upward.

I quickly averted my eyes, cheeks burning.

He saw me.

He d*mn saw me!

Alexander quickly stood up and his knights do the same thing.

I just go with the flow like a river.

"Greetings to you, the light of the Soliel Empire and to your son, Prince Xero."

So he is a prince. A future emperor. Huh! What a coincidence.

He just almost bought me for slavery with the amount of 20 Wampum.

20 Wampum? Is that enough money to be my worth as an individual?

No. It should be 20 boxes of Wampum.

"The same for you, Alexander the 2nd, or should I say...

New ruler of the kingdom of Pretoria."

I was quickly back on track due to Alexander's laugh which sounds very fake by the way.

"Who is she?"

The gorgeous man averted his eyes to me.

"Ah. Just someone I trust to be with us today."

I snorted inside my mind.

This guy...

Is very shameless.

Our eyes accidentally locked again and his son grin at the opposite side of me.

HEY! DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT! IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT YOUR FATHER, THE EMPEROR IS SO HOT.

BLAME THIS NOSEBLEED OF MINE.

"I found out, the Kingdom of Pretoria have a huge debt towards the Empire of Soliel. That is why King Guwen, unable to pay the debt, sold his own people instead to slavery.

I also discovered that, the money the kingdom earn out of slavery directly goes to your empire which makes the Kingdom of Pretoria fall in your hands."

" Where is this conversation leading to?"

The Emperor of Soliel directly asked, still with a calm yet playful expression.

"I want to make a negotiation."

I snorted.

Negotiation is only applicable for the strong side.

I grown stiff when I notice all of the people present are now looking at me.

I bit my lower lip.

Did I say it out loud?

The emperor's son lean and whispered something to his father. The latter glance at me and smirk mischievously.

Yah! what did you say to him?

"Just like that young child said, negotiations is only applicable for the strong to take advantage on.

New ruler, what is your end of the deal? I'll accept it if...

It is good enough."

"Five months. Give the Kingdom of Pretoria a chance to redeem its glory for that certain months.

Then, we will going to pay the huge debt as well as the interest."

"Make it in 3 months time.

5 months is just too long for a harvest to wait."

"But..."

"I won't spare more additional months."

The Emperor quickly added. Alexander just nod.

"Okay. For three months, give us that chance. If we succeed, I'll ask you to let go your control over our country. Let the kingdom of Pretoria sprung free."

"Are you certain, Alexander? The debt is too huge for you to take a risk."

"I'm sure and I have spare a long time deciding this."

"If you say so. But, what if you fail?"

"That... The kingdom will be completely under your jurisdictions and I'll withdraw my position as a new ruler.

If I failed, that proves I'm not deserving enough for the position. I'd rather let go, than follow the path of my father's brother, King Guwen."

"Hmmm... I like that attitude of yours, new king but aside from that, I want another condition."

"What?"

"The more the risk, the more you don't have to fail."

I notice how Alexander's fist tighten by his side.

"I want that young girl with you to marry my son."

All of them look at me.

Hearing that, I froze and my face paled.

M-Marraige?

D*RN WHAT?!