21 - "If I have to..."

LUCIAN'S POV

I grin seeing her eyes become empty like a lose soul.

Some people are very easy to fool.

Now for the last part.

I lean back, whispering again in her ears.

"Freschia, you're afraid of the crown prince's twin brother and your loyalty stays for him. Not even love, can stole that loyalty.

Only for him.

For hi--"

"I... don't."

My eyes widen, staring at her. She smirk and suddenly punch me, but it sent me flying across the end of the room.

My back hitting the tree.

My head become dizzy for a second and I vomited blood with her uncontrollable force, staining my lips.

I slowly raised my head hearing some footsteps echoing every step. Then sharp golden brown eyes like the reflection of the sun, met my eyes.

"Y-You...H-How?"

"There is something wrong in that illusion you casted on my mind especially the last one. The fact is that my father really loves me."

Impossible. I thought they're just pretending.

"Mind Manipulation, huh. Yah. It almost work on me. How unfortunate of you.

And how cruel can you be?"

She showed a teasing yet mocking smile.

Hearing her say that, I laugh bitterly.

"You won't understand. Over the last decades, this is the first time that the King had twin sons.

But only one person could be the heir and ruler of the throne.

Only one and the other needs to die to remove all threats."

She remain silent, giving me a hint to continue.

"It is the Monarchy Tradition to secure the ruler's positions.

Even if we're twins, we're not exempted to that rule.

I am not given a chance to claim the throne because father knows about my ability or sorcery they might say.

When it comes to that matter, you understand me better. After all, you're just like me."

I look at her with intense gaze.

" How unfair right? Loathing my existence just because I had the ability of seems like magic. Father will do everything to kill me when my twin descended the throne. By then, it was too late for me.

If you didn't just butt in, I'm sure my plans had succeed."

"Hmmm. You mean the plan of killing your twin brother (the current crown prince) in that carriage, severe the ties relationship of two powerful figures of the crown prince's side, and the assassination attempt?"

She asked but sounded hundred percent certain.

Well, she's indeed right.

I just doesn't expect the next words that came out from her mouth.

"I don't think so. Even if its not me butting in, you still won't succeed."

"Y-You insolent!"

She smirk seeing my reaction.

"Your plans were perfect but..."

She raise her head looking at the sky filled with stars.

"I had a great feeling this world won't let you. After all, you can be the calamity to destroy it."

The room was filled with silence before she broke it seconds later, stunning me with her words.

"I don't really care with your family matters especially the struggle for the throne, but...

There is only one thing I am concerned of."

Her eyes turn very menacing cold and sharp, held a murderous glint.

"Don't try to involve my father in it or even the Duke House, because if you do…

I won't sit still.

I'll be willing to stain my hands with blood if I have to. Remember that."

She whispered the last words gently, passing my side.

Leaving me speechless.