89 - POISON IVY

(A/N: This is the update everyone. Hope you like it. 😅😉

This current chapter is dedicated to usherclit. ☺️😊 )

-----

For the next remaining hours, the Seleria Kingdom was too occupied for the preparations.

From sacks of medicines, full sets of armor distribution, weapons, and employing trusted doctors.

An imperial decree was also established by the authority of Crown Prince Zacheus Lumiere County in the name of King Henry, his father.

It is the Decree that one man in every family will participate in the war.

Academy knights in training were also
monopolize.

A knock echoed outside the door of Lucian's room.

"Come in."

The door opened revealing the man in his mid 20's with sparkly sun-kissed hair. It was in fact, the crown prince of Seleria, Zacheus Lumiere.

Seeing the letter on his hand, Lucian's lips curve upwards.

"They must have sent you a letter."

"Yes. By birds.

Just informing us about the Norin's army diversion on the way to launch attacks to the kingdom's wall. Not that we don't know that already."

Lucian walked and served some tea for himself.

"Your father, how is he?"

"He's not getting better and the doctor demands for him to rest which makes everything fall in my shoulder, as the crown prince of this kingdom."

"But it's not the reason you're here right?"

"Yes.

The Grand Officer relayed a message about the Ricin Poisoning of the Enemy's Campsite.

And I'm thinking…

Is it perhaps your doing?"

Zacheus asked directly, earning a chuckle from Lucian.

"You figured me out."

Zacheus was indeed shocked, hearing the confirmation from his mouth.

So the Eliora's 2nd Prince is not all that useless, huh.

Lucian's expression changed to something unfathomable.

"Do you think I'm offering my help by leading the army out of nothing eh?"

"Figures. What do you want?"

Lucian sipped his tea, in a great mood.

"What is the best way to win the war effortlessly?"

Lucian pauses, touching the chess pieces of the board game, moving his pawn to take down the King.

Zacheus' eyes widened for a moment with a glint of realization.

Lucian grins before putting a teleportation scroll on the table.

"Go to them with this. Divide them in half, the others will come back and you will monopolize the rest to proceed for an attack towards the Kingdom of Norin as well.