36 - Her Pain

(A/N: This chapter is dedicated to mumtazazzahra417. I can't thank you enough for everything.

I'm not sure too if all of you, my dear readers, will find this chapter to your liking, but I made this part with all my heart. )

---

"Do you have any regrets while living your life?"

Geeta casually asked the old woman which only smiled back at him.

"I don't have any regrets living my life. I finished a college degree, able to work and have a family on my own.

I was one of the unpicked children in the orphanage. It's almost impossible for me to attain education but because of her...

Education was within our grasp. Due to her continuous and unyielding support for 10 years, the orphanage is working well. I was able to study even college. I am grateful to Ms.Haruki.

Even if she desguises her goodwill out of a bad reason saying she have a lot of money to spend."

The old woman laugh.

Geeta silently listening half agreeing.

Yes, that reason would be likely her.

"We always saw her on TV interviews but not even once she mention about her engagement as one of the NGO's, unlike other people who uses the orphanage to be famous and gain the public advantage."

(A/N: NGO's stands for Non-government Organizations. Well, I knew everyone of you knows already. ☺️😅 😁)

"Even when she died, her last will of testament was for her money, assets and properties to all go for the orphanage and charity she's been supporting into.

We all become sad when she died, you know? She's been an important figure for us all this years."

The room was filled with utmost silence before Geeta decided to break it.

"Do you want me to reincarnate you in an another world?"

"No. I'm already contented and would be willing to leave."

"I understand."

Geeta smile before lifting his staff and chant to open the gate of afterlife, but the woman looked back just before she was about to enter.

"Ms. Haruki, she's fine right? I hope she's not suffering anymore."

"Why do you ask?"

"She is in pain. It always reflected in her eyes everytime she's alone in the orphanage garden."

Geeta give her a comforting smile.

"Don't worry, she would be okay no matter where she is. She's a strong woman."

With this, the old woman smiled once again.

"I'm glad."

Finally, Geeta can only see her back before the huge gate closes itself.

He was now left alone again.

"Allow me to see her current situation."

The reflection of water suddenly changes showing an unclear image of a child around 6.

It was Freschia.

Geeta sadly smile.

"How can you be so hard on yourself throughout your lifetime, selfish Woman?"