10- WICKED TEA PARTY

The matter about Anna and Ben was completely solved. I payed her debt till the last cent of the interest and she continued working for me, this time as my personal maid. Ben, on the other hand work for the duke's house as a permanent coachman. I bought his daughters from slavery just like what I had promised.

And now...

I am preparing for the tea party.

Somehow I regret accepting that invitation.

"Hold on a little longer, my lady."

I felt the corset tighten more in my body yet I didn't feel pain. This darn strength just too...

Perfect.

I am just annoyed with the other maids servants cheering me on.

"You can do this, my lady!"

"A little sacrifice won't hurt just to be so stunning, other noble girls will eat dust in your back."

"Endure my lady, this is necessary for you to seduce a lot of gentleman."

The maids look like an idiot in my eyes.

Seduce? I am still a f*cking 6 years old in this life, even if my mind was mature enough.

What about that gentleman thingy? The tea party was exclusive for only the female nobles.

Ignorance is really a sin.

I was wearing a black off-shoulder ruffled dress emphasizing my snowy skin complexion. It was sophisticated and elegantly styled.

George keep on laughing when he finally saw my face.

"Milady. You are so beautiful but your expression look so...

He paused and chuckle again.

"Scary, like you are prepared to slay a dragon anytime of the day."

I smirk.

"Eh... I wonder if dragons really exist or I can just slay you instead."

With that George shut up and mumbled words yet it was loud enough for me to hear or I'm just too attentive. Don't know.

"Certainly a little devil."

The carriage stop in a large house almost palace like. I smile at Ben, when I get down the carriage, he smiled back.

My name was announced loudly when I entered and all eyes stare at me.

I smirk then slowly walk my way towards the garden.

Garden set-up of a tea party. Not bad. Though I prefer an elegant party which I come face to face of different businessman.

It's fun to captivate them with my clever words.

"Hi, Lady Freya of the Duke house of Golddaway. Pleasant to finally meet you."

A child of my age approached me elegantly. She have red hair color, with deep natural curls at the end. She's wearing a lovely fuchsia red dress matched her hair color.

But...

I know this kind of person. She maybe all smiles but her eyes says another thing. A kind of person who can stab you in the back anytime.

"The pleasure is mine...

Lady Wendy. But I preferred you to call me Freschia."

"Oh I'm sorry. That will probably be the next time."

My eyes twitch but I quickly hide my annoyed expression.

There'll be no next time.

She offered to led me a table but I politely decline saying I can manage myself. She didn't argue and just told me to enjoy.

Then I will do what she says.

I remain near at the chocolate fountain dipping my desert from time to time but a certain group of people catches my attention.

They pushed a certain blue-haired girl, holding an expensive box of refreshment.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why does this seems so..."

Familiar.

Deja vu?

A certain weird feeling started to crept up in my whole being.

"Lady Wendy. Please accept my gift in behalf of my family. This is an expensive rose tea."

With that, I heard gasp of the crowd saying how rare is to have a rose tea for refreshment because it was so expensive.

"Not surprising though for the royal general's daughter."

She is the daughter of the royal general? The protector of the South territory of Elior.

Behalf of my family...

Somehow this words kept repeating in my head.

"That's so kind of you Lady Ericah. Thank you."

Wendy seems so ecstatic hearing it was a rosy tea, and ordered servers to make some as she was very excited to have a taste of it.

Seconds passed, the server came back with a teacup in hand.

"Oh here it is."

Wendy excitedly get the tea and drank it.

Unconsciously, I heaved a deep sigh.

I paused and felt weird of myself.

But my monologue suddenly broke when screams of shocked echoed among the crowd.

Before I approached the commotion, a certain red-haired boy 2 years older than me rushed out on my side, hitting my shoulder.

"WENDY?! WENDY?!"

I stop seeing the blue-haired girl dumbfounded, her body trembling with fear.

The teacup was broken on the ground, and Wendy was laying unmoving, face pale and void of life.

The boy from before picked up the teacup, inspecting it before he suddenly shouted.

"WHO POISONED MY SISTER WITH THIS TEA?!"

(A/N: I'm inspired, this update was somewhat long. Gomen...)