16 - YOU'RE CRAZY

Since young, my father is my inspiration. He is a great general, winning a lot of wars for the royal family.

He's good,kind-hearted and love us very much the same way he loves my mother.

"I want to be like you father. Someday, I'll be also a commander general just like you."

He was against it at first. He wanted me to be safe and not put my life at risk just like what he did.

But being his son, I'll bear the responsibility. I like to be like him, and being a commander general someday is my dream.

At the age of 5, he started teaching me the basics of swordmanship. Then a year later, teaching me to highlight my senses.

Because of that, I quickly noticed the consecutive arrows flying in our direction.

Being too late for a second. I'm certain we are both dead.

We rolled downhill, as I shield her body with mine then abruptly stop seconds later.

"Are you okey?"

I quickly asked her not minding our position. I was hovering above her and with that I had a clear view of her face.

Every features of her...

Is very beautiful.

She stare back at me then snorted.

"You're really plan to kill me, don't you?"

"Huh?"

"You're too close. My sickness will strike again at this point."

She stop and smirk.

"Although you won't have an effect on me, kid. Dream on."

My eyebrows knotted in a frown.

"W-What are you talk--"

My next words were trap in my mouth when she encircle her arms on my neck and abruptly pulled me closer to her, causing my face to collide with her shoulder.

I accidentally smelled her flowery scent. And it was heavenly and addicting.

She's not wearing any perfume, but how can she smell so good?

*DUGDUG! DUGDUG!*

END OF SHELDON'S POV

BACK TO FRESCHIA'S POV

I notice the arrows to late. But then, he saved me even if it means to shield his body.

As expected for the son of a royal general.

His sense of duty always got the best of him.

I pulled him closer to me when I sense an attack again.

This time, it was perfectly aim at him.

I quickly rolled our bodies in reverse then quickly stood up, sensing another attack.

I smirk and with my fingers I blocked the dart before it reaches a centimeter away from my face.

"You should leave now and report your failure to your Master. Tick... Tock...

Your time is up. The knights are coming."

I said with a loud voice, enough for the two of them to hear.

Seconds later, a consecutive footsteps echoed around revealing a heaving Ricah, and the two knights with her.

"Milady, My lord! Are you okey?"

"BROTHER! LADY FRESCHIA!"

"We're still alive and kicking you see."

I replied and look back at him.

He still laying there on the grass, unmoving and dumbfounded.

His cheeks are painted red.

"What happened to you?"

"Y-You bewitched me."

"Huh?"

He sit up and stare at me angrily.

"What is that pull for?"

"Ah.. That."

I point him the nearest tree with a dagger now peircing it's body.

"That weapon would supposed to be in your head instead."

I smile at him.

"You saved me and I saved you. Now, we're even. Don't asked for my thanks.

I won't give it to you."

With what I said, his cheeks worsen.

I didn't mind him though, averting my eyes toward the sky then raise my middle finger.

Geeta, you f*cktard. I'll let you know I won't easily die in this new life.

So crap your incompetence.

"What are you doing?"

"Giving the God of fortune and karma a dirty finger. So he would know I won't be an easy prey in this otome game set-up."

"Huh?"

Then I heard him laugh.

"You're crazy."

"If I'm crazy, then no one is sane enough."

"Brother!"

"Awww!"

Ricah pounced on him, earning a groan.

I just notice it now but his head is bleeding.

"Brother! You're head..."

"I-I'm fine."

"Here."

He stare at the handkerchief I handed but later on accepted it.

His cheeks are tainted red again.

"Tsk."

His only reaction.

Is that supposed to be a reaction?

"The knights?"

"I let them chase those people."

Too late.

"I suggest we should leave. It's not safe anymore here in the open."

"We should do that. The knights will follow suit" - Ricah

We started to walk uphill again, with Ricah helping his brother.

(A/N: 3 Updates for Today. For a Lazy person like me, it was a big achievement. Haha... Please forgive our MC for being a cussing machine sometimes. Then hope this update doesn't offend anyone about religion thingy. This story is pure fiction. 🙂 )