39 - SOMEONE

(A/N: Sorry for not updating for the last few days.. It's just that, I'm having a war against my modules because a sudden deadline was set and it's taking a toll on me. Hahaha.. 😅😅 But I'm fine now, and I already passed my answer yesterday. So I am finally free, and I can write once again to relieve my stress.

To all of my readers (old and new one's) , thank you for your patience. ❤️❤️❤️)

-------

Is this really my role in this world?

To suddenly engage without my consent.

And now, suddenly becoming a single man's daughter.

I was not informed.

If I did, I'll be fully prepared sticking a piece of paper at the top of my head saying...

Can be anyone's fiance or daughter, anytime and anywhere.

Hahaha...

F*cking kidding me!

"I never remember being your daughter."

"Ssh... Be quiet or they will know.

It's your fault after all, for always barging inside my office without permission. You annoyed them because of that behavior."

"Do I even care about their insignificant feelings? I don't."

"I know because you're a little devil. It's just that, it can be easier this way."

I gave it some thought and secretly agreed.

Makes sense.

"May I ask why I am included with this inspection, your highness."

Khan approached us with this question.

"I need your knowledge."

I noticed how everyone froze because of my answer. I glanced at Alexander and he just shook his head.

"I mean... My father needs your knowledge."

I corrected it accompanied by an innocent smile.

Good thing, they easily believe it. I noticed the other two were stunned with my smile.

I stop myself from smirking.

"You love reading books and I'm certain, you have read a book about the local history and geography.

My father needs your acquired knowledge from books while investigating various places here in the Kingdom of Pretoria."

"I understand, princess."

He slightly bowed his head while I almost dropped my jaw hearing the last word.

Noticing, we are the center of attention. I quickly regained my composure, hiding my astonishment with a stoic expression.

"Pft!"

My eyes twitched hearing a muffled laugh in the background.

The source?

I think you already know who.

"Be at ease with me."

"This servant wouldn't dare."

Now you're respecting me.

Just a while ago, your expression was filled with insults.

Huh! People's hearts are really fickle.