71 - MISCHIEVOUS PLAN

Freschia stared down at the food being consecutively placed on the table with white sparkling table cloths and unconsciously gulped.

This is the first time again that she sees a lot of food since she left their duchy 9 years ago. 

From the appetizers, main dish, and desserts.

The main dishes are braised chicken, beef stew, creamy turkey piccata, red curry shrimp, oil roast salmon and crusted pork loin with red wine raisins.

(A/N: I also felt hungry typing this. 🤣😂)

There are also 3 kinds of desserts being served specifically vegetable salad, coffee cake and a grape flavored ice cream.

Everything looks exquisite.

And the more Freschia gaze to the wonderful view in front of her, the more famished she felt.

The problem is that… 

They can't eat yet as they are waiting for another person to come.

Due to embarrassment, Freschia wasn't able to have breakfast in the morning, the same thing happened in the afternoon as she fell asleep in her room.

Good thing though that Anna, her personal maid, is capable enough to think of her own master.

She delivers food for breakfast and lunch in her own space.

It's different in the evening though as his father, the Duke, suddenly barges in and complains.

Aside from him pouting all the time, he was berating her for how she easily broke every promise she made.

This makes Freschia feel a little bad. 

Has I been doing it most of the time now?

To comfort her father, Freschia just embraces him for seconds, causing the latter to calm down and blush.

Well, the Duke was very happy with the act of affection her daughter was showing to him lately.

He likes it very much.

That is why right now, Freschia is here in the dining hall, finally complying with his father's wishes.

"Father, this is like a feist."

Freschia can't help but say earning a smug grin from the Duke.

"Of course. This is also a celebration for you being back."

Freschia's smile suddenly filtered.

She can't help the feeling of warmth slowly creeping up inside.

Father… 

Is very warm.

It happened very quickly and Freschia gains back her smile.

"Thank you…

Oto-san."

The duke's eyes shined more brightly. 

It was the scene that welcomed June, the moment he pushed the double door of the dining hall.

He was stunned by the Duke's expression which was filled with pure happiness.

It's like the father and daughter have a world in their own as a loving family of two, excluding himself.