64 - PREY

"Let me join your crew."

All of them blink in surprise. Hannah was okay with the idea but she look at her comrades, asking for their opinions as well.

Silver just shrugged his shoulder. Shiki remains impassive on the exterior even if she is quite intrigued, while Maurin shows how against he was to the idea.

Freschia is a kid after all in their eyes even if she displays a very excellent capability, not normal as of a child. 

Freschia challenge one of them to fight her with the use of their own ancient relic and Maurin gladly volunteered. 

"I'll make her give up."

Maurin said in determined voice, while forming his palm into a fist. 

They know Maurin better than anyone. 

He is just worried for the child's well being if they let her to be one of them. That is why, until it's too early, he wants to crush her hope to avoid her entanglement to danger. 

At first, they didn't know what her main objective or is she just acting stupid and naive though it quickly change instantly. 

The face off starts. 

Maurin goes easy for her at first but when the unexpected thing happens, which is Freschia lifting up his bulky body with just one hand before throwing him across the place, the flow starts to change.

Maurin finally uses his ancient relic weapon. 

Though, their eyes widen when Freschia manage to hold Maurin's arm and in just a swift motion, she kick him and the effect was mouth-gaping.

She sent him flying in the air meters away from their exact location. 

Therefore, they discovered that Freschia have the innate ability of superstrength.

Even more, it's a very rare occurrence for a human to actually be born with an ability.

No one's most shocked about it, but Hannah, the sorcerer herself. 

Well, that happened 9 years ago.

Shiki (28 years old) played with her mug of liquor.

How long has it been?

"Hey. That kid… 

Will she come?" 

Maurin (43 years old) asked with a downcast expression.

Actually, Maurin finally found his son that being subjected to slavery 10 years ago.

And it's worth a celebration. 

The truth is that, the main objective of their group, other than joining a war if employed, is to stop the illegal act of slavery all throughout different kingdoms. 

"Yeah. I miss her. What is she doing by the way?" - Hannah (Age: 845 yrs. old)

"No idea." - Silver (Age: 25 yrs. old) 

Shiki drank her mug.

"She is having fun by joining the hunting competition of the Etherial Kingdom." 

🌺🌺🌺

A deer was strolling serenely near the river.

A prey.

Freschia (Age 15, will be turning 16) smirks and narrows her line of sight.

She slowly stretches her bow while maintaining her eyes to her prey.

Believe it or not, the first time she held a bow was when the pirates attacked the ship she was in. That's also the time she met the people who became a part of the 9 years of her life.

Because she was already an expert in different kinds of guns, especially sniper, it was easy for her to land a hit on her target.

Aiming an arrow is the same as aiming a gun.

Her cheat strength contributes to her maximum stretch of the bow. That is why she landed a bullseye that time on the ship for a first timer.

But when she tried to use the bow again in different positions, she failed a lot of times.

She trained a year with Shiki using a bow and arrow as a weapon.

And now it is easy for her to hit her target in different positions and angles, without the probability of being missed.

Yeah, you can tell she's that confident.

Wait for it… 

When the man slowly shows himself, approaching the deer, with his hand holding the sheath of his sword ready to attack.

Freschia's lips curve upwards.

In fact, the deer is not her prey but this amazingly handsome dark-blue haired teenager.

Let's see how long you have improved… 

Sheldon. 

Freschia finally releases the arrow. It briefly ricochets in the air before it reaches the target.

Sheldon felt the shift in the wind and by instinct blocked the incoming arrow using the blade of his sword.

His action caused the deer (supposed to be his prey) to run away.

Freschia smirk seeing her target easily blocked her sneaky attack.

Not bad.

On the other hand… 

Sheldon slowly turns his head to the arrows location and advances stealthily.

Freschia's eyes briefly widened when the next seconds, the latter appeared in front of her eyes.

He swung his sword high in the air and Freschia leaped out of the way.

But the other seems determined enough to seize her as he continuously advances towards Freschia's direction.

Freschia use her bow to block his attack before running and use the tree as her leverage before doing a backflip. 

Tossing in the air, Freschia stretch her bow and release three arrows at the same time, towards the man. 

The dark-blue haired teenager dodge her attack but he almost failed to dodge the last one as it grazed his cheeks.

When she landed back, a wind passed between the two as they stared at each other.

"Who are you?"

0___0

(A/N: Hi! 👋🙂 Here's the update. Sorry for not updating for the last few days. It's just that my time was occupied with something else.

But now here I am again.

I plan to update 2 or 3 chapters for today including this one. The other chapters may be posted this evening or afternoon.

The good news is that, I plan to change this story's book cover. My friend made it for me. She was really amazing and great at it.

And to all of you, thank you for your patience. Stay safe and have a great day ahead. 😊😄❤️)