31 - The Things We MESSED 1

(WARNING: This chapter may contains STRONG VIOLENCE, SENSITIVE CONTENT and GORE Scenes. Please be advised...)

---

All the nobles over the remaining kingdoms sometimes came to the Kingdom of Pretoria to witness a grand auction which being held monthly.

The reason is to either be a spectator or buy a slave themselves. Most of them, are nobles with shady personalities.

No one is as a pure as white cloth. Everyone have secrets.

The nobles are chattering happily in the grand hall. Male waiters are busy walking from place to place to serve drinks.

"Good evening, everyone."

At the sudden voice, everyone stopped on what they are doing and focus their eyes to the huge stage.

"Are you having a good night?"

Nobles smile and some answered with affirmative nod or a yes.

"If so, let's not make you wait any longer."

With that, the auction started.

"First one for tonight is a young boy around the age of 6. Let's start the bidding with 5 bronze coins."

[ THE MONEY CURRENCY EXPLANATION: There are 4 levels of money value which are Bronze, Silver, Gold and Wampum. Equivalence explained below from lowest to highest value.

30 bronze coins - 1 silver coin.

20 silver coins - 1 gold coin

15 gold coins - 1 gold bar

30 gold bars - 1 Wampum ( pearl beads)]

"5"

"15"

"1 silver coin."

The bidding continued until the young child was sold for the amount of 5 silver coins by a man in his mid 30s.

"Disgusting people."

Eclise muttered under his breath.

Freschia remain impassive, staring coldly at the stage.

The second person, is a young woman in her 20s. She's beautiful but because of her visible scars in the shoulder, the bidding price seems low. She was sold for 1 silver coin.

The auction continued and as it was near the end, the bidding starts heating up reaching the bid for gold coins.

Almost at the pinnacle of its end.

Freschia was finally called in the stage. She almost didn't even realize it, if she wasn't even drag by the two workers.

"Now, we are down for the last two."

Freschia stand awkwardly in front of the stage at first but later on, she proudly lifted her face and stands proudly, still with the unreadable expression on her face.

Who wouldn't be uncomfortable?

If a lot of people are gazing and staring at your direction like you are under in a microscope.

But...

Do I even care?

No. Not even a little bit.

Oh come on... They can admire me all they want. After all, it's only free for their eyes to see, not to touch.

Because of her fierce image on the stage, a lot of nobles was drawn to her.