61 - DECLARATION

"YOUR MAJESTY!!!"

A sword directly penetrates the window, the glass shattered showing them inside from the world.

"Found yah."

The Empress Dowager blinks her eyes from shock before turning around.

"Mother..."

Cyrus, worriedly followed behind her, together with her Eunuch.

Opening the door, the old woman pushed the handle.

Her clap resounded the surroundings.

The kid, with no emotion, throws daggers with her eyes.

The Queen mother noticed the little movements of the girl's opponent.

"I see. You didn't completely kill all your opponents but held them incapable of fighting."

She hissed at her and smiled.

"Your sword was now coated with their bloods but you didn't stab them with their vital points right."

The Empress Dowager's gaze become serious.

"Kill them and you'll receive your prize."

🌺🌺🌺

FRESCHIA'S POV

I blink and later on, snorted a laugh.

How can she easily say that?

With my sword, I run stealthily towards her, jumping from the fountain statue.

My body tossed in the air in a slow momentum before I landed on her back.

Their eyes widened but before they could make up for things, I swung my sword to the queen yet an unexpected thing happened.

"AHHHH!"

I tilted my head to the Eunuch whose hand was now in the ground being separated from his body caused by my blade.

"You..."

The Empress, due to astonishment, wasn't able to form words.

"W-WHAT THE HELL KID?!"

The Emperor of Soliel was more shocked and yelled.

I harden my expression before pressing the sword to the Empress Dowager's neck even if my height can't be compared to hers.

My sword is enough to reach her.

I chuckled darkly.

"Rather than killing them, it's really you I have to kill.

After all, the "loyal dogs" only followed the command of their master.

It's not completely their fault but the one who made them do it.

Is it fun to watch me struggle in their hands hmmm?"

The Empress Dowager held no emotion on her face but later on, she smirked at me.

Eehhh...

I wonder what's made her thrilled.

"Your mask was slowly peeled off, child.

You pretend to be cruel but you're actually compassionate and kind towards other people.

Just like a while ago when we played chess, you answered my last question with conviction but still...

A tear slipped from your eye."

My hold on the sword tightens. I chuckle.

"What proof do you have?

Only speculation?"

She grins.

"Even now, you didn't kill your opponents and proceed on the master itself.

Why?

Is it because you held them greatly responsible which is reasonable by the way or...

You just don't want to do it."

My gaze weavered under her scrutinizing eyes.

I didn't even realize how the sword was yanked off from my grasp.

The Empress held my hand.

"You won the test.

Specifically, my test."

Frozen in place, I was in a daze.

"Your last opponents will be your official knights."

My eyes widened.

Yeah, you confirmed it.

The last 6 people I defeated are the knights who brought me here from the seaport.

I was shocked at first seeing their familiar faces after the mask was accidentally removed from one of them.

She faced the front and I starts to notice there are people surrounding the place.

"This Day onwards, I, EMPRESS HELEN GEORGIANA OF SOLIEL...

Hereby declare that this child, FREYA CHRISTIYA EVANGELINA GOLDDAWAY ..."

My eyes widened hearing my full name that I haven't even told them about.

How do they know?

"as ACKNOWLEDGE PRINCESS of Soliel Empire.

With this claim, this 7 year old child will be my GRANDSON'S FIANCÉ and MARRY HIM ON HER COMING OF AGE TO BE AN OFFICIAL CROWN PRINCESS of our country."

Huh?!

WHAAAAAAAAT?

My face paled and I suddenly felt dizzy from too much exhaustion and the shock I heard from today.

Everything becomes fuzzy until darkness invaded my vision.

I don't want any of this.