76 - THE 1ST CHOSEN

Aside from the 7 kingdoms namely… 

Pretoria, Soliel, Norland, Norin, Etherial, Seleria and Eliora, there are also 3 certain kingdoms recorded in history. 

Just like the 7 kingdoms being mention, these 3 kingdoms are able to stand on themselves not until the Kingdom of Soliel expand its territory.

The Kingdom of Soliel is known for its military strength related to war techniques and advancement skills.

One by one, these 3 kingdoms were slowly colonized by Soliel making it a part of its jurisdiction. 

These 3 kingdoms are now under the Soliel colonial rule making the Soliel achieve the specific requirements to be an Empire, because of its tenacity and huge coverage of territories. 

Soliel Empire.

Aside from its reputation as the most progressive kingdom. It is made up of 4 kingdoms all over, including the colonized kingdom of Falcor, Algeria and Gifford and it is under one political organisation controlled by a single individual, and that is the Emperor of the Soliel Empire.

The 3 kingdoms were called no more a kingdom but a state.

Instead of being ruled by a King, these 3 state rulers are called "Grand Duke". 

In the long palace ground of Soliel Empire, 4 individuals are walking steadily.

The three are the Grand Dukes of the colonized state and the other one is Alexander himself, the King of Pretoria.

"Your majesty… 

All of them have just arrived."

A male Eunuch informed and the Empress Dowager slowly opened her eyes. 

The knight guards on the side opened the double doors of the official meeting room, the moment they caught sight of the Empress Dowager and her son, the Emperor.

Aside from that, Crown Prince Xero is also with them. 

All the people inside stood up and they started the official agenda right away.

"Few weeks prior to the news of war, a mine emerged from the mountain range of the Eastern border of Seleria. 

We all know that the Eastern border is the shortest route from the Kingdom of Norin to Seleria.

The problem is that the mine's location is directed to the center of the border between the two kingdoms route.

Both kingdoms want to have the mine all to themselves."

"So that is why they wield war against one another." - Zues, Grand Duke of Falcor intervened, nodding his head

"Yes. I believe so. The fact that it was a vast mine that hosted quail-sized Velbright grade mana stones.

It garnered the interest of other kingdoms, especially Norland."

David, Grand Duke of Algeria agreed while pondering. 

"So, if mana existence is real… 

So as the sorceres in ancient stories?"

Most of the empire's officials started talking among themselves related to the issue. 

An emergence of grade mana stones. No one can deny that this is the first.

They use spatial rings and teleportation scrolls that can be bought in the market but not all of them are real.

The real one's though can be considered very rare and occasionally found.

It is believed that those things are infuse with sorcerer's mana, but no one actually held that belief in their heart.

As long as they can use the thing, it is great. 

Most of all, the existence of the sorcerers are not proven true and can be only considered a myth in ancient stories.

However, their actions of using things that are unexplainable can't be justified.

"Whether the existence of sorcerers in ancient stories is true or not. 

We have no way of knowing.

But it is important that we only address the issue at hand."

Crown Prince Xero stood up and silenced the officials.

Cyrus smirk, feeling proud of his son earning an eye roll from the Empress Dowager seeing his "Proud Dad" expression. 

With that, they came back to the topic they were talking about beforehand. 

"Let me guess. 

They offered war assistance to the Kingdom of Norin." 

Fero, Grand Duke of Gifford retorted while making a silly expression. 

"It's already obvious.

After all, the Kingdom of Norin struggles to create Ancient Relics for Military weaponry to gain advantage, planning to surpass the empire.

Though Ancient Relics is only a myth, they are able to create one using alchemy." - David

"So it is more about competing for economic gain with life at stake."

Alexander commented while his eyes now held a realization glint.

Cyprus, the Emperor stayed silent but his lips held a mischievous smile. 

Prince Xero and the Empress Dowager remain impassive at the side but they actively listen for the conversation flow. 

These people are indeed intelligent.

"Seleria and the alliance of Pretoria. 

Meanwhile… 

In the opposite party is the Kingdom of Norin and the viral war weaponry of Norland.

Who will win?"

Alexander added.

Cyrus, the Emperor of Soliel finally stood up.

"The question is which kingdom will we go to?

Norin or Seleria? 

We would also benefit greatly after helping the winning party.

Yet…

The winning force is still questionable."

The Emperor has a knowing smile on his lips. 

Of course, he already has the answer but he wants to test everyone in the room that is why he never said his opinions.

Few seconds pass and everyone is still thinking deeply when a certain man finally voices out his thoughts.

"No one."

All the people inside froze and glanced at King Alexander of Pretoria.

The Empress Dowager's lips silently curl upwards feeling satisfied.

So this is your first chosen King, Freschia.

Very promising indeed.

"Can you explain further why?" - Cyrus

Alexander stood up as well and smiled confidently. 

"We have to choose no one.

Neither the Kingdom of Norin…

nor Seleria.

We have to avoid risk and losses. 

So I strongly suggest that we only make a move after the war when the winning forces are already revealed."