86 - POISON

(A/N: Hi everyone. 👋🙂

I have two updates for today and it's quite long again. Gomen... 🤗😅

By the way, this current chapter is dedicated to QueenAgape_Ree.)

-----

T

here's a story that Lucian liked to listen to when he was young.

The Myth of King Azure.

The King who wield peace and unity from both sides of the sorcerer and humans.

"I want to be a King just like him."

Her Grandmother, soft and gentle, caressed his hair.

"You will, Lucian.

You will."

The 5 year old young boy smiled at her Grandmother.

The only person who treats him kindly even after his ability was exposed among the people inside the palace.

It was such a terrible memory.

How his father crucified everyone behind the palace walls who manages to discover his ability of mind manipulation.

It was the first time that Lucian witnessed a bloodbath.

Though, it was hidden behind the palace walls and also deceptions from the outside.

It doesn't erase the fact that the palace is indeed a messy place.

"Oba-san…"

Followed by his silent cries, her grandmother grasped his little hand.

"My Beloved grandson, you are not a curse.

Instead, that ability you have is a wonderful gift."

With the last smile, his grandmother finally closed her eyes and Lucian was covered with grief.

Before her death though, his grandmother gave him a wonderful present so that he will not be easily condemned by his own father.

And that is…

The excessive control of the Shadow guards and Shadow assassins owned by the royal family of Castilian which his father, the King, don't have any idea about.

Lucian closes his eyes to the memory and wears his face mask which is made of cotton fabric just like anybody else.

With a hand signal, all the shadow assassins moved and spread a deadly poison in the air, by burning vast amounts of ricin made from the lowly castor beans.

As he wandered off the enemy campsite, he accidentally found a tree with knocked out night guards of their enemy.

With his hand signal, 5 of the Shadow assassins approached him and immediately got what he meant as they scattered off to search for another presence of midnight attackers, aside from them.

Lucian also began searching for himself.

"INTRUDERS!"

A yell echoed the whole silent night which Lucian recognized to be his own people as it was also intentional.

They already plan to draw everyone out from their own tents and directly inhale the deadly poison they spread from the air.

Being closer to a tent, a figure of a person suddenly rushed out with its half-lower face covered with a fabric mask as well, and their eyes accidentally met.